01 210 Drain Holes in Lockers

H

hoppinwill

Drain Holes in Lockers

I have a 2001 Logic 210cc which I bought used. There are drain holes in the lockers which always fill up with water. Is this normal? How do I plug the drain holes so they don't fill with water yet allow rain etc to escape?

k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
some fix them like this
172boat_mods_023.jpg

or mount some kind of perco plug that screws in

calicokid

Participating Member
MY boat is a 2003 so there were no thru hull drains it had small ¼" drain tubes that led into the bilge. I plugged the drain tubes and installed 4 garboard drain plug assemblies (see photo in previous post) the ½" threaded brass plugs stay out for drainage unless the boat is in the water. Are your drain holes threaded or smooth ? There is an assortment of plugs available you may just need to match up the right plug. Pg. # 537 of the boaters world 2005 master catalog has 1" ½" & 5/8" drain plugs as well as the garboard plug assemblies if the existing drain holes don't work for you .
Good luck

ILLOGICAL GGC

Contributing Member
City
Washington PARK
State
NC
i think the '01's came with small drain holes that the factory furnished an expansion stopper style plug that expanded when the handle was rotated down. my dealer installed the seadog screw in style plug and there are mods. in 210 section to do this. the stopper kept "blowing out" while underway and many owners opted for a screw in
plug to prevent this. mayby dick of merritt will see this and reply or randy can move this thread to tech
tight lines
robert

Dick@merrittmarine

Contributing Member
City
Hillsborough
Robert's right, We put the seadog screw plugs on all older style boats. We have also pluged many newer 210 fish boxes that drain into the bilge and drilled holes thru the hull and installed seadog plugs. this keeps fish guts and scales from getting in the bilge.

Dick

Jman

Registered Member
City
Clovis
do you install plugs in all four boxes or just the two aft fish boxes?

ILLOGICAL GGC

Contributing Member
City
Washington PARK
State
NC
all four in the floor and the 2 rear as well
GGC