01 210 rear deck panel access cover upgrade

ILLOGICAL GGC

Contributing Member
City
Washington PARK
State
NC
i replaced the round access cover with the rectangular bilge access hatch cover triumph uses on the 190 bay and logic 186 . it is apprx. 9-1/2 x 14 inside dimension. it does have a slight rise from the floor but not enough to trip on. it is considerbly larger than the one triumph furnishes on it's current 210, but as compacted as our space is on the logics ,i now can reach the t-handle drain plug more easily,lift the bilge pump out of it's base to clean out the strainer and check if integral float switch is working, was able to see the rule rubbed away from the s.s. strap by having the larger hatch opening.
NOTE OF CAUTION #1
i would not try to cut this out with the deck plate screwed down.the gas tank is too close to do this on the boat

if you are serious on making upgrades/mods in this section, you need to remove the rear deck cover plate anyway so cut the hatch hole out away from the boat and rule it good under the flange and screw it to the deck plate. there will be several more posts regarding the bilge area so having the deck plate removed is gonna make things much easier . i do not even have my deck plate screwed down at this time. i installed 3 surface rod holders on the live well close enough to the floor that the cover cannot come up from the console end ,but rather i lift it up from the motor end and slide it out from under the rod holders.
depending on how much rule was applied at the factory will determine how difficult it will be to remove the cover plate.
i actually took almost a whole tube of rule and made a gasket on the floor of the boat over the screw holes to help seal water out of the bilge. it took about 4 days for the rule to set up and it turned out better than expected.

CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION 2 YEP THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!
IF YOU REMOVE THE REAR DECK COVER---IT IS IMPERITIVE THAT YOU ARE PAYING ATTENTION AND THEN SOME WHEN SCREWING THE LID BACK DOWN.
THE GAS TANK RUNS DOWN THE MIDDLE OF WHERE THE COVER SCREWS ON THE BOAT AND IF YOU PUT A LONG SCREW ANYWHERE OTHER THAN ON THE OUTSIDE CORNERS--- YOU WILL RUPTURE THE GAS TANK. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ONE OF OUR OWNERS IN THE POST HE MADE OF GAS LEAKING INTO BILGE.

i ask anyone who puts a post that involves removing the rear deck plate to put a caution notice regarding the screws.if anyone does work on these boats themselves , i want it to be understood that there are dangers that must be avoided to ensure no liability back on us for their error.
if anyone doesn't feel comfortable doing a mod. please use we want to achieve and have a dealer do it for them.

there is no one best size cover for the round cover other than making sure it is wide enough to cover the dia. of the round hole you will be replacing.
hope to get new detailed pics of my cover posted here as soon as i learn how to thumbnail them to the post
there is a bad picture i took in the 210 mod. picture gallery.
Robert

Attachments

• replace_those_round_and_small_deck_plates_so_you_ca_work_in_here.jpg
    replace_those_round_and_small_deck_plates_so_you_ca_work_in_here.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 77

ILLOGICAL GGC

Contributing Member
City
Washington PARK
State
NC
i went out today with a tape measure and the size of my lid is 9-1/2 x 14 inside diminision i.e. with the lid open. the max for width to use is 11" ..any larger will be hitting the fuel tank fitting. lenght is not an issue
cut out so the edge of the round hole closest to live well is the same edge for rect. cover.
Robert