191 F&S taking on water

JerryD

Registered Member
State
WA
My recently purchased 2011 191 F&S takes on 1-2 gallons of water over a 24 hour period when moored. I replaced the drain plug gasket and shut off the livewell seacock but it is still taking on water. Any suggestions where it may be coming from? Thanks.

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
When it's sitting still at The Mooring, where is the water level relative to the scuppers?

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Pop some of those smooth foam practice golf balls (Walmart even has them) into them, and see if that helps? They should squeeze right into the scupper and slow down any water flow "until" you find the root cause for the extra weight that is pulling her down?

Golf+Balls+-+Dense+Foam+Restricted+Flight_XL.jpg

Sound like another Triumph Hull with water in the inner hull. Do you have a picture of the stern of this boat out of the water that we can see?

JerryD

Registered Member
State
WA
i'll take some pics and post them. Pics out of the water or in the water? It also lists a bit to the starboard. The bottom of the swim platform is right at the waterline. I read on the other posts that there are inner hull drains at the stern. Should I check those?

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Would rather see pictures of the Stern with it on the trailer. As far as inner hull drains go, that is what we are looking to see IF any extra ones were added to this hull?

Here though is the link that shows the factory ones added to the various models. And yes, I would pop them open and make sure you have plenty of battery power for the bilge pump OR (preferred) have her setting on the trailer so she can really drain with the bow jacked up high ;)

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/inner-hull-drains-the-official-word-from-triumph.6218/

Best,
Dave