191 F&S with F115

dstathis

Registered Member
City
Kirkland
:confused:I just picked up a 2005 191 F&S with a Yamaha 115. I drove it from Kalamazoo, MI to Montreal Canada (long trip). Given the long trip I didn't water test it before I left. I just put it in the water for the first time. The boat motor doens's seem to be pushing as it should. Even at full throtle it bare hit 15 MPH and maybe 3500rpm. The motor still has warranty on it so I'm not too worried but does anyone have an idea of what it could be before I take it in for a check up?

Thanks
D

Perhaps the throttle cable is mis-adjusted?

Motor

Your RPM is almost 2/3 WOT, Red Line should be betweeen 5000-6000 RPM. 3500 should be a comfortable cruise. How old is the motor? There are a couple of things that could be going on with the lower unit or prop that would cause under-performance. Also, can you post the Diameter and pitch of the propeller?

Well I hope this is not the same boat I was looking at 3 months ago. The boat I was looking at was at leaders marine in kalamazoo, Mi.

I checked up on the boat and it was leased to gander mountian in New York as a rental boat. The boat was recovered by Triumph and sold to leaders marine. They had the boat for sale for $16,999. According to triumph the boat had a 3 year warranty and according to Yamaha the motor has no warranty because it was a rental boat. I told leaders marine all that I found and they still wanted to add $900 freight and prep to a USED boat.

I hope this is not the boat you bought but if it is now you know the backround on the boat..

best of luck..

Back