191 fs trolling motor options

mike3500

Registered Member
I am interested in the Triumph 191 fs but have one concern, I would like to mount a minn kota power drive trolling motor on the bow with the quick plate. My concern is that the bow ladder will not allow this, does anyone have a powerdrive mounted on this model or know which motor/bracket works best in regards to the bow ladder. Unfortunately I think the engineer was more of a skier than fisherman who put the bow ladder on.:rolleyes: thanks, mike

S

SharkCharmers

I have a 170 and mounted mine on the bow of the boat. Do you already have the trolling motor? If you do why not mount it on the other side of the bow? What is a bow ladder or do you mean the pulpit?

mike3500

Registered Member
The 191 fs has a telescoping boarding ladder directly in the bow that stows beneath a small door, making mounting a minn kota power drive tricky if not impossible.

N

Newbie1

Mike,
I've got a similar to the same issue. I have the 04 f/s but have the issue of mounting because of the bow cover snaps. The dealer I bought from mounted it pointing inward. Looks terrible, hard to use, :( don't care for it and have been looking to correct the issue. Haven't found anything as of yet.
Keep me posted if you find a mount that is nicer.:)

I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

JGL

Participating Member
City
Limerick
Mike,
I have a '05 191FS and am looking to install a trolling motor. What thrust are you going with? Are you going to mount your batteries in the starboard stern compartment? I am leaning towards a 54#, 12volt system to minimize my costs and added weight. Looking to use it to just creep along the lake shore or river bank.

Thanks.
JGL

mike3500

Registered Member
JGL,
I have yet to purchase the 191 fs, I would have to consider if I could mount my trolling motor of choice on the bow, in 06 they put a bow ladder up front (a feature not on the 05) unfortunately the bow ladder is going to influence what type of trolling motor gets mounted and how. I would put a minn kota riptide saltwater 55lb thrust with the auto pilot, it should pull the boat just fine and you avoid adding the extra battery.