191FS Rear seat bottom cushion removal

deltadart48

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
WA
Howdy,
I have recently purchased '05 191FS with a cut on one of the rear seat bottom cushions. I removed the seat back assembly and finally the whole rear platform but I can't see how to get to the fasteners that hold the cushion to the platform. Does anyone out there know the trick to removing them?
Thanks,
Ed

Harper

Recognized Leader Triumph 191/195 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Republic of Texas
Are they not just held on with snaps? Not really familiar with the 191FS, but all my seats cushions are held by snaps. They ARE very difficult at times to release.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Welcome Aboard Ed!
And can you post up some pictures just in case we are dealing with aftermarket some upgrades? Other than a few slip in channels for some other cushions (like on the front a Triumph 190 Bay and maybe a few 210's) most all of them are "Snap on" in design. And like Brother Mike denotes, if you do not put some wax / lip balm on the male part from time to time, they can be a real pain to get back off due to corrosion.

Hope this helps?
Dave

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
The forward edge should be a slip channel. The aft portion should be held down by snaps. If they haven't been maintained with an anti-corrosive, and Chapstik works great, they can corrode until they're frozen. Take a close look under the rear and see if can see a couple of attachment points. You'll have to carefully pry them off.

Lube them up when you install them.

deltadart48

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
WA
As it turns out, the seats were installed with screws from the top into the platform into the gap between the side and center bolsters - a formula seemingly designed to result in tearing the fabric during installation and removal. They will go back on with screws from the bottom, just long enough to hold the seats in place. Placement will affect the fit of the seat backs, so that assembly should be installed first.