195 Washdown System

linchuntao

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Jose
On my 2006 195CC, bait well pump works good. If I turn on the washdown switch, the light on the switch is on, but nothing else happens. I don't even hear the sound of pump running. Does that indicate the washdown pump is dead? Where is the washdown pump located?

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
That is the most likely case; bad pump. They can be like bilge pumps and die after a while. Check the connections at the pump and if you are multimeter savvy, check the voltage at those connections. If 12v is present, a new pump is the next step.

linchuntao

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Jose
Where is the washdown pump located? I searched this forum. Seems that it is somewhere inside center console on 195CC, but I cannot find it on my boat.

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
I'll leave that for the 195 folks to answer.

k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
I am not a 195 owner, but just to put it out there if they used the same pump. on my 210 when I could not fill my bait well I found that the bait well and washdown were two ports on the same pump and through hull. I my case one of the ports that the hose connected to broke off the pump,

linchuntao

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Jose
If they use the same pump, and there are two switches (one for bait well, one for wash down), the pump itself controls the water flow?

k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
In taking the pump apart after replacing it, it appears that my pump just took water in from the pickup when the valve was open. I believe that the pump charged both of the lines hooked to it. To fill my bait well I have to open a valve in the baitwell and the washdown has always been capped. I haven't used it. I just pull my power washer out. But again like I said my boat is not a 195 (210) the 195 may be plumbed different.

Harper

Recognized Leader Triumph 191/195 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Republic of Texas
My '07 195CC has the washdown pump (a separate, dedicated pump) located under the console on the starboard side near the washdown hose outlet.. It shares the inlet with the baitwell, but is a separate pump.

I'm not sure exactly where the baitwell pump is, but is somewhere under the floor. Going out to look now.

Last edited:

Harper

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Republic of Texas
Okay, here's the baitwell pump, under the large floor plate behind the helm, starboard, just behing the fuel tank. Two pics, one with the large plate off, and one just looking through the round access hatch.

20190708_190951.jpg 20190708_191014.jpg

Last edited:

linchuntao

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Jose
Thanks Mike very much for the pictures. Now I also found my washdown pump in the console. It’s under the washdown station so I didn’t see it previously. I have too many cables there and have to squeeze in my cell phone through cables to take the picture. Looks like the inlet (left bottom corner of the picture) was capped. So I guess the other end of the inlet hose was also capped, otherwise water may come into the console area? Any idea where is the other end of that inlet hose?

Attachments

• 94248798-3379-4122-85CC-596CF0CAA198.jpeg
    94248798-3379-4122-85CC-596CF0CAA198.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

linchuntao

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Jose
Mike, I took a look at your picture again. Seems to me your washdown pump's inlet port and the hose is also 90 degree, same as mine. So I am not sure my washdown pump's inlet port is capped or not.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
That pump's armature housing looks a tad little crusty for sure...

The "technical tap" (pop it gently with a ball peen hammer) might also break it free enough to get her working again without having to take it out.

If not, and if you can get it out (find some local kid with small hands to reach it if needed) I would take it out and apart, and clean it all up with some electrical contact cleaner by taking that end cap off and spraying it down inside. This and see if you can get to work again by using some leads from a 12 VDC battery on a bench?

Even then it might not last for long, but pending how hard it is to reach it and then reinstall it... Might save you a few bucks from having to replace it right now.

If you do have to replace it. I would recommend seeing if Johnson Pump has one that would work? They are pretty rugged as compared to others and you can find their Site here:

Hope this helps?
Dave

Harper

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Republic of Texas
Took one more look to be sure. And took one more picture. The first picture shows the inlet hose going to the washdown pump (the lower hose). It is just below the baitwell pump and you can see that it shares the same inlet, as I had said. You can also see the shutoff valve with the green handle in the picture. The second and third pictures from yesterday also show the inlet hose to the washdown pump (red arrows).

20190709_182733.jpg

20190708_190951.jpg

20190708_191107.jpg

linchuntao

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Jose
Thanks Dave and Mike very much. I plan to take out the washdown station to see whether I can reach the pump and check it. I will do it this weekend.

Harper

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Republic of Texas
From your picture, it appears that your washdown pump's location is a bit different than mine. But from what I can tell, your inlet is capped. BTW, I keep erroneously referring to mine as model year '07. My Suzuki DF150 is an '07 model, but the boat is an '08 model. So there might be slight differences between mine and your '06. I do know that mine is one of the few 195CCs placarded for a 175HP outboard. :cool:

linchuntao

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Jose
Ends up I replaced the old pump with SHURFLO BLASTER II Washdown Pump (part number 4238-121-E07 or 4238-121-A07). Also added a strainer "SHURFLO 1202.1017 255-325 Swivel Nut Strainer-1/2 Pipe"

The wash down system works fine now. Thank you all for your advices.