195CC radio

A&M

Registered Member
City
Webster
... My boat didn't come with the factory radio, thinking about adding a AM/FM stereo, will a regular size chassis fit and where do the speakers mount???
Thanks,

A&M
195CC

A&M,
Get an AM/FM made for boats and waterproof speakers (poly planer?) and you should be good to go. I mounted my box type speakers above my head under the T-Top. I ran the wires down the hole in the T-Top tube with the supplied string. Looks and sounds good. No holes in my console. I used worm/radiator hose clamps to hold the speakers to the T-top.Good luck.
John D.

I use PolyPlanar waterproof speaks and waterproof radio MRD60. They have two radios now, a cd player version with a plug in for a MP3 (MRD60) and a straight Ipod dock type (MRD70).

I had to replace mine after 6 years due to internal corrosion and they do not repair the radios. If you are out of warranty, they charged $110 for a new radio but you must send in your old one to "swap out".

Might consider getting the waterproof "housing" that mounts inside the center console space if this is where you mount your's as my 190 gets alot of moisture in there coming up from the inner hull space/bilge. I have been working to seal the console better using different size swimming noodles etc.

Also, some have mounted waterproof ski rack speakers onto their Ttops, Been thinking about a set myself.

...the box speaker sounds good, no issues with the brackets holding?
I hope it's just not me the blasts thru the waves!

A&M,
I have not had any problem with the brackets holding under the T-top.I used 2 hose clamps on each bracket.
John D.

Back