2001 Logic 210CC Transom Seat Drains

divenfish

Registered Member
Premium Member
City
Pompano Beach
Does anyone know anything about the transom seat drains?
They used to drain fine but now the port seat box is filling with water when it rains, starboard is fine. I tried using an inspection mirror to see if anything is blocking it but I couldn't make anything out. I don't want to start drilling something that's not supposed to be drilled(been down that road before).
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks!

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I simply at this time, cannot mentally picture that component. Can you post up some pictures of what you are trying to address?

Thanks!

divenfish

Registered Member
Premium Member
City
Pompano Beach
Thanks for the reply!
Here are four photos 1) Location 2)With seat open 3)Circular drain on the side 4)Closeup
Starboard side is dry.
I appreciate any ideas

Attachments

• 12FB6C4E-3429-469C-9E88-C773B3F11004.jpeg
    12FB6C4E-3429-469C-9E88-C773B3F11004.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • EEFCF180-F031-4328-8A36-533301F01858.jpeg
    EEFCF180-F031-4328-8A36-533301F01858.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • A04F102E-A3DB-43AC-B422-159B2741B560.jpeg
    A04F102E-A3DB-43AC-B422-159B2741B560.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 2B32085C-1767-4668-8C5C-FB74A48153FA.jpeg
    2B32085C-1767-4668-8C5C-FB74A48153FA.jpeg
    908.3 KB · Views: 5

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
It does, but I just don't remember those compartments ever having "any" overboard drains?

Is that a drain the goes overboard which if it does, would pretty much put it below the waterline would it not?

Also some of this...
1614875168271.png
Followed up with some Bar Keepers Friend for the rust
1614875253883.png
And a shop vac, should do wonders in making that space (and others like it) look white and almost new again. Even on a hull of that age. Just be careful that Starbrite stuff and wear glasses and keep it off your skin ;) That would also make it quicker to spot trouble for sure.

And I am sure some of the guys who have those older Logic / Triumph 210's will let us know about those drains... I can see some going down into the bilge, but not overboard as that one almost "appears" to do in those pictures?

divenfish

Registered Member
Premium Member
City
Pompano Beach
Thanks for the observations!
I do believe it drains into the bilge. Someone suggested it might be a “ball drain” that shouldn’t be drilled.
I’m thinking about trying to try to pull it out if I can figure out how.
I know it needs some housekeeping just didn’t want to do it until it’s resolved.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Our 210 Guru Bill sent me back a note on this one that might come in handy...

"Any drain inside the 210 goes into the bilge and must be pumped out. Even the scuppers are at or below the waterline and will let more water in than out. Best to seal scuppers and install a couple of bilge pumps in the lower hull below the deck."

Hope this helps ;)
Dave

divenfish

Registered Member
Premium Member
City
Pompano Beach
That’s what I thought.
I think I might try to get some small vice grips on it.
I’ll post the results in case someone else has a similar problem.

Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Sorry I did not see you post sooner, but yes they drain into bilge area, you lift the deck up and see them. I usually start with air noze then a long flexible pipe cleaner rod. These drain dont take much to clog, anywhere from debris to slime and dirt

divenfish

Registered Member
Premium Member
City
Pompano Beach
Sorry I did not see you post sooner, but yes they drain into bilge area, you lift the deck up and see them. I usually start with air noze then a long flexible pipe cleaner rod. These drain dont take much to clog, anywhere from debris to slime and dirt
Thanks!
I don’t know why I didn’t think of pulling up the deck.
My project for tomorrow ;).
While I have your attention have you ever heard of water leaking out of the bow eye?
It’s on the trailer and I noticed a slight bit of water leaking from the bottom eye bolt which indicates to me that there’s water in the bow. I’ve seen other people mentioning water retention in the hull and I have the “Maintenance and Modifications for Triumph Boat Owners” dvd which shows the procedure for creating a drain.
Would this apply to a Logic as well?
Again, thanks for pointing out the deck access.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Yes it would if not more... Some in the later Triumph models, had some factory installed inner hull drains. I am not aware of any in a older Logic.

See this link below for some pictures of such, but I would still install inner hull drains on the transom as denoted all over this Site.

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/inner-hull-drains-the-official-word-from-triumph.6218/

As well as install access plates into the engine splash well, so you can vacuum out the rotten waters o_O that in in there now ;)

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/my-transom-well-modification.665/

Hope this helps?
Dave

divenfish

Registered Member
Premium Member
City
Pompano Beach
Yes it would if not more... Some in the later Triumph models, had some factory installed inner hull drains. I am not aware of any in a older Logic.

See this link below for some pictures of such, but I would still install inner hull drains on the transom as denoted all over this Site.

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/inner-hull-drains-the-official-word-from-triumph.6218/

As well as install access plates into the engine splash well, so you can vacuum out the rotten waters o_O that in in there now ;)

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/my-transom-well-modification.665/

Hope this helps?
Dave
Thanks-This water intrusion issue in the hull looks like it’s taking on a life of it’s own. This investigation is going to take a bit longer than I thought.
I sincerely appreciate your input.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida