2003 Triumph 190 Bay-New Owner

hobiefish

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
CA
Hello All,

I am a new owner of a Triumph 190 Bay. I owned a 2003 150 Fish for a couple of years as a new boat. This one is also a 2003 but I am in the process of cleaning it up.

1st trip out in coastal CA waters made me really like the way the boat rides and handles but also made me dislike the cooler seat.

I am looking for input from owners that have changed from the cooler seat to a leaning post.
triumph.jpg

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
The leaning post, be it factory one or made aftermarket is the best route to take... But for it to really work, it needs fitted to you.

As such, I had a mobile welder come out and cut it down and make the factory leaning post "fit me" and then bolted it back it on the deck to take into account the tilt steering which always pushes the helm back a few inches. Then I had a step built, so I could rest my feet, yet still stand on it while scouting under power. All of those changes worked great!

full

full

full

full

And a smaller helm steering wheel with speed knob is the only way to fly. And either system, be it cable or hydraulic steering can be upgraded to have "tilt" added.

full

hobiefish

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
CA
Thanks for the pics. NIce looking ride!

Your pics helped with my thoughts. I was thinking it would have to be narrow enough to backplate on the removable deck instead of trying to screw through the hull?

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
That one (cannot say now since that was years ago and I no longer own in) was screwed right to the deck. And I had it that way for years with no issues...

The slick idea would be to come up with a way to place it on sliders like your truck seat, this so you could adjust it the same way as needed.