NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Just got in and washed the boat. I'll be posting some photos from the Mackfest in the next few days, but suffice it to say it was a great weekend. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as my family did. Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day for fishing. We didn't catch as many as we would have liked but some nice Kings and Spanish were boated. I'll find out and post a report on the amount the Mackfest generated for the Eckerd Camp for troubled teens.

Special thanks to Denard Harris of Portside Marina and his staff for hosting the event and for all the hard work in doing so. Thanks also to the good folks at Merritt Marine, the Triumph Boats staff that were on hand, the local sponsors, Tums, Stainless Seller, and most of all Triumph owners that came to the event. K9Reno drove all the way from Indiana. I hope you had a great trip Reno!

Portside is already planning to host the event the third weekend of July next year so I hope more of you can plan ahead to join us. And for those that did come this year I hope you'll send me some feedback and suggestions on how we can make next year even more enjoyable.

Photos and reports to follow....but off to bed for now. Thanks all!

macfest update

I just wanted to thank all of you who put on Macfest. Denard, Dick and Merritt Marine, Paul, Rick and the rest of the Triumph guys, and the boat owners who came from far and wide. While our participation was limited, Autumn and I had a great time meeting you folks. Those boats were even more impressive than I expected. Again,
Thanks to all for your wonderful hospitality!
Andy

Great to meet you Andy and I hope we have a chance to fish together some time. Thanks for coming to the Mackfest!

I got in late on Friday night and fished with K9Reno. The conditions on Saturday were much better than last year and we did manage to boat some fish. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet anyone else as I had to get back home right after we weighed in our fish. Maybe next time...

Well hello all
I just got home from the mackfest at 10 am this morning. I had a great time and except for the trailer light problem which still persists the trip went well. I enjoyed the stop I made a merritt and appreciate the assistance they gave installing the drains in my 210. Leaving home at 10pm on wednesday and arriving in Morehead city at 630pm thursday made for a long drive, but it was worth it, and I will do it again in a heart beat (money alowing). We boated a couple spanish with mattitudes help and a spanish and shark with Illogicals assistance and he was a great help learning how to come and go from that inlet friday. I probibly would have run myself aground if he had not been there.
I really want to thank the factory guys that were there. My boat developed a problem that was filling my bilge with water constantly. They found the problem and even went so far as to take the time to fix it with a welder that they had brought with them.

Thanks again see yall next yr.

glad to see ya made it home safely. for the life of me i still cant figure why the carolina guys didnt show up. it was worth it just to meet you and your brother, the factory guys,matatitude, and the others. hopefully with a years notice we will be able to draw more owners for the next one. i'll definately be in the spanish division if the funds are low!!!!! shannon has the inside scoop on 'dem kings i"m afraid LOL.
GGC

i was there and i still check for pics as well cincin!!!!
Robert

What a great weekend it was. I was worried about the weather earlier in the week, but I think everyone will agree that it couldn't have turned out better. It was nice to meet you guys that were there. Carpenter, are you convinced yet??? Did you sign a contract or what? It was nice meeting you and your wife, and you need to get one of these boats soon ok?

Randy was kind enough to host me on his boat, and even let me play captain for awhile. That brought back some good memories. We didn't catch as many as we would have liked, but I don't think anyone out there got skunked.

If you missed it, plan on being there next year, as we all would like to see it grow and thrive.

tight lines,

collins

Attachments

• Mack1.jpg
    Mack1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Mack2.jpg
    Mack2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Mack3.jpg
    Mack3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Mack4.jpg
    Mack4.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Mack5.jpg
    Mack5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Mack6.jpg
    Mack6.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 46
Hey Collins. I let you Captain so I could fish! ;) It was great to meet you and I really enjoyed fishing together. With David and Josh we had a pretty good team. Let's do it again!

Ditto on the thanks to all and glad to meet the folks that go with the forum names. Portside and Denard were a great host and one of the most helpful dealers I have met. Also, looking forward to the pics. Don't know why more of us NC/SC folks didn't attend, but it was their loss. Maybe next year we can entice them to come. I do have a question. Where was the 5 pound Spanish caught and what was the secret? I found plenty of 13-16 inch stuff (1/2 pound), but could not find anything that resembled a 5 pounder. I guess a 'real fisherman' can bring up the 'big' ones. Hope to see you folks again. Tight lines to all. Don

ahemm... the secret would be to come to the Northeast TBOT where we throw back even the 5 lb fish...

TBOT_14_2_.jpg

Don, we brought in a 4.2 lb. Spanish trolling pogies in the hook near the lighthouse. Caught several sharks too, but only one small King. :)

mudd-mann said:
I do have a question. Where was the 5 pound Spanish caught and what was the secret? I found plenty of 13-16 inch stuff (1/2 pound), but could not find anything that resembled a 5 pounder.Don

Great looking fish guys. We had some nice Kings caught. I'll have to find a photo of them as I didn't get them till they were buried in ice. I'd love to do some striper fishing with you guys some time. ;)

Cincinnati said:
ahemm... the secret would be to come to the Northeast TBOT where we throw back even the 5 lb fish...

TBOT_14_2_.jpg

I had a great time!

I just want to thank everyone involved, Randy, Denard, Carl, Chad, all the Triumph staff, and the fellows that fished with me..... I enjoyed meeting and talking with everyone and could not help but notice the enthusiasm exhibited by everyone involved with these great boats and the sport of fishing!

I look forward to our get together next year.

"Hooks & Spears"

Back