210 CC Back Cushion for front of Center Console

OspreyVic

Contributing Member
City
Osprey
Have guests told you how uncomfortable it is on their back to sit on the cooler in front of the Center Console? They have either to hold themselves up with no back support, or lean against a hard plastic center console.

Well we heard from the Admiral, and after seeing the pictures of the 2006 215 CC with a t-top and the back cushion, we knew we could solve the problem.

We found a local Marine Canvas and Cushion maker. Using the boat, she made a pattern for the cushion (which she said she would save). We decided to use the same PVC Awning Rail and Beaded Welt Insert that Triumph used for the top of the cushion and Snap Fasteners to keep the bottom of the cushion in place.

The attached pictures show the installation steps.

The cushion is 29 inches side to side and 15 inches top to bottom.

My best guess as to cost is something between $135 and $150 plus the actual UPS Cost, then is it one day delivery, or regular. Where I live, labor like this is expensive, but this was the lowest price I could find.

I was also informed that the factory seat back will cost around $145.00 but only comes in the 2006 colors. Based on the pictures on line, it is only designed to be installed on a t-top frame. My only question would be how easy it would be to remove so it would not get dirty when towing the boat.

All the parts, including the PVC Awning Rail with stainless screws and the Snap Fasteners were included. All I needed was a drill, screwdriver, and a saw to cut the PVC Rail in half.

Upon request, I will be happy to furnish the phone number and address of the cushion maker.

Attachments

• CC   2 4 2006 s.jpg
    CC 2 4 2006 s.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 101
  • CC with PVC Rails 2 4 2006 s.jpg
    CC with PVC Rails 2 4 2006 s.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 96
  • CC with snap studs installed 2 4 2006 s.jpg
    CC with snap studs installed 2 4 2006 s.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 94
  • CC with cushion 2 4 2006 s.jpg
    CC with cushion 2 4 2006 s.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 114
  • CC with back cushion 2 4 2006 s.jpg
    CC with back cushion 2 4 2006 s.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 131

NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
You do very nice work Vic! :)

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Looks good Brother!
That's putting the built in CPU (brain) to good use for sure! And yes from what I remember back when we had ours, that was also a complaint and even more so IF I launched her off a wave and got the whole boat airborne :p I also like the rod holder inserts in the console, wonder where you got that idea? :D

Looks like I need to drive down and scope out your rig since your last rounds of upgrades :) Need to so such before you sale it since I see many guys when they run out of upgrade projects, trade in the boat so they can have another round of projects to start! Ha-Ha...

Take care Buddy,
Dave

OspreyVic

Contributing Member
City
Osprey
Dave, this boat is not for sale.

I say that with my tongue in my cheek. If someone offered me enough where I could do it again, no profit for me but no more out of pocket either, well I would consider it.

If someone offered me lots of money, including paying for the time I have invested, then that would be closer to a sure thing.

Since I do not see that happening, the boat is staying with my family. My son can have it when I can no longer launch it by myself.

The members of this site keep coming up with such GREAT ideas, I just know that I can find more projects for this boat.

T

tarheelborn66

Vic,

Thanks for the email with the information. I am going to measure the front of the center console as I have a T-top that might interfere with the cushion. Hopefully it will fit inside of the T-top bars.

OspreyVic

Contributing Member
City
Osprey
I just received a call from the Lady that manufactured the seat back for our 210 CC.

She stated that she can do the job for $135.00, plus shipping.

If you want a different size, she will be happy to work with you. Not sure if the size she made for me will fit inside your existing t-top rails (see above for size).

Contact Kathy Kussy at Canvasworxx (941) 922-0605. She is located at 7650 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231

OspreyVic

Contributing Member
City
Osprey
For those of you wondering if the rod holders would still be usable with the back rest installed, I took this picture.

Looks like the rod holders will still work for me.

Attachments

• Rod holders with back rest 3 4 2006 v2.jpg
    Rod holders with back rest 3 4 2006 v2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Rod holders with back rest 3 4 2006 away v2.jpg
    Rod holders with back rest 3 4 2006 away v2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 70