Amberjack Sandwiches

MolarBoater

Contributing Member
City
Mountian Brook
Catch fresh ambers, some down south FLA and Eastern Shores may have worms the older they get so can vary with geography. In the Gulf, nice eating as long as prepared correctly.

1) slab the meat for thick sandwich @ 1" max, cut out dark vertebral lines.
2) I like Pollman's bakery bread in Mobile but cubera bread/or
sourdough is good too!
3) Get the new wasabi mayonaise in the squirt bottle, ooh so good.
4) Some fresh field greens on top with MaryJanes Mixed up salt, xtra pepper
5) dijon mustard never hurt with wild beast
6) grill amber with a marinade of Key lime juice, Moore's/Worstechire, lemon
pepper, garlic powder and a little Coke.
7) In a separate tumbler, mix 3/4ox Gin, 3/4 oz Vodka, 3/4 oz Coconut Rum
and 3/4oz Triple Sec with 1oz OJ, 1oz Key lime juice and a few oz of
Coke (diet Coke Plus if you are health conscious).Shake and pour in glass.
8) After cooking amberjack on low heat, marinating and flipping every 2
minutes, repeat step #7 at least once before toasting bread and
stopping libations.....until after-dinner libations begin!:D

Enjoy, Mobile style! Molar

Stop Emery! Your killin me... (You are now elected as the Main Chef at the next Owners Meeting)

Down here though we smoke those Gulf Tuna AKA Reef Donkeys and they are OK, but not Grouper by any reach... I was also thinking on Cuban Bread myself :rolleyes:

Here again, about the only thing that Blacken seasoning (my arteries are getting blocked up from the stuff :D) does NOT taste good on is Chocolate Ice Cream and Fruit Loops :p so I guess it could fix those AJ's right up also! Ha-Ha...

You know, you might be able to have the boys over at Wintzells's do those AJ's up for you also this way you don't have to make a mess in the house :D

I do have to swing by Wintzell's when I visit Mobile. Oysters on the half shell and fresh seafood, man I miss the food down there.

Speaking of clogging the arts, I've been cooking steaks on a cast iron grill lately with a heavy coating of garlic salt, moistened with Worsh. and a bit of blackening seasonings. I only do that once on the weekends as the crust that forms builds up and I have had a bit of a fire occur that was not expected!

Back