Another inner hull question

210ChaosOwner

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
NJ
For those in the know.....So as I understand it the inner hull on a 2005 210 cc is made up of 3 chambers (center, port and starboard) correct?

If filled with water how many gallons will the center chamber hold?

Thanks

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Depends upon the condition of the foam or what is left of it... I have seen them drain / pee for many days so, 50 or more gallons a lot of weight for sure...

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Could not tell you how big that void or all the runs combines hold and really, does it matter in the big picture? If needs to get dumped, and stay that way as much a possible so the weight on the stern is as little possible so she is riding correctly and as intended.

If it does not have inner hull drains, install them... If it has them then get her on at trailer nose high so it drains. And if so equipped (not all were) make sure these are left open so some of it can migrate into the bilge to get pumped overboard

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/media/215drain-png.6212/

Best,
Dave

210ChaosOwner

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
NJ
Could not tell you how big that void or all the runs combines hold and really, does it matter in the big picture? If needs to get dumped, and stay that way as much a possible so the weight on the stern is as little possible so she is riding correctly and as intended.

If it does not have inner hull drains, install them... If it has them then get her on at trailer nose high so it drains. And if so equipped (not all were) make sure these are left open so some of it can migrate into the bilge to get pumped overboard

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/media/215drain-png.6212/

Best,
Dave
Thanks Dave, I have those side drains. I open them on nothing comes out which I'm happy about. I do keep the boat in a wet slip, im curious if there's still a void in the center to or elsewhere to be concerned about?

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida

210ChaosOwner

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
NJ
So just to clarify, if there's water in the boat below the inside bilge drains (which there can be) the only way to remove the water is to take the boat out of the water. Correct?

AND a significant amount of water can accumulate under those 2 drains in the bilge?

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
You have to drain it from the lowest point of the hull, and those inner hull drains installed in the stern are the lowest point naturally... And yes, they are normally below the waterline, so on a trailer with it all the way on up on the jack-stand is the best way.

Then to add insult to injury, even more weight is getting added to the stern by those voids in the splashwell. Those though, can be addressed by installing removable covers, and using a small shop vac to pull all that water out of those two sections and it will stink to high heaven when you pop them for the 1st time :rolleyes:

This thread / way to address them, is the best...

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/my-transom-well-modification.665/

210ChaosOwner

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
NJ
You have to drain it from the lowest point of the hull, and those inner hull drains installed in the stern are the lowest point naturally... And yes, they are normally below the waterline, so on a trailer with it all the way on up on the jack-stand is the best way.

Then to add insult to injury, even more weight is getting added to the stern by those voids in the splashwell. Those though, can be addressed by installing removable covers, and using a small shop vac to pull all that water out of those two sections and it will stink to high heaven when you pop them for the 1st time :rolleyes:

This thread / way to address them, is the best...

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/my-transom-well-modification.665/
My boat is a 2005 and I believe it has quite a few if not all of the modifications done to it by the dealer. I have not opened those splash well covers but I believe some one has and they are packed tight with Rule. Might even have the inserts inside them. Like I stated, the big unknown for me is the area right under the bilge. Some one drilled a small hole on the wall in the very lowest spot of the bilge right by the pump and water continues to come out of there which indicates water is under the bilge, simple right. But it's nothing crazy. That's why I asked how much can that area capture?

The boats performance is still great, no indications of anything holding it back. I'm just trying to get a good understanding of what's going on.

Maybe I'll pull it out on the trailer and just open the lower drain plug to see.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Those inserts though very helpful, only displace some of the water, will not prevent any from getting in due to hull flex. So I would not be surprised if they were not having water in them again. This is why having a way to open and vacuum out what is present (if nothing for stink factory alone) comes in handy ;)

When you are walking around in the floor of the mega hold and hear water going squish under your feet is a good indicator of too much water inside that hull.

Tight Lines!