Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Brother Gene (Genelie our Guru for this Forum) was showing me this product line and come to find out much like a old Triumph Boat, some of their models are also Roto Molded ;) Here is their home page https://aquapodboats.com/

And here is a video I found on the product

Now for those who hunt smaller waters (though looks a little low sided for Gator infested waters :oops:) This looks like a real cool system to consider for you needs.

Hopefully, we can talk with them direct about these products and their accessories line more in depth, here in the future!

https://aquapodboats.com/shop/

And remember...
Bang, Bang, Bang :)

Thanks Gene!
Dave

Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Wow. Did not see this video. All statements true. Having used them before, with 2 big guys and a dog, she still floats, and track true and fast on the water. Seeing this video just enhanced my enthusiasm to buy one before this season starts. As they said so many places to use them where other tradition Jon boats just won't do it. As easy to retrieve your own ducks you really wont need a dog in most circumstances. Other key is the new models are much lighter now.

Genelie

Lifetime Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
I was able to put the pod to the test finally, with and without my dog.
The pod really tracks true & straight, forwards and backwards. The pods flows on the water very smoothly, and is easily maneuverable against the wind and current.
Pod really sits low in the water, downside to that, getting my fat butt out of the pod <LOL>
Construction is quite sound, with the exception of the bottom. Even though all of the pod is made of the same material and thickness, due to the length of the pod without no curves on the bottom, makes the pod seem flimsy on the bottom.
With this pod it is easy to adjust sitting positions, allowing for additional material and added weight, in order to keep the pod more level for paddling without the nose or stern dipping below the water line.
The pod is easily paintable, using KRYLON plastic paint. I camode her out, I think it came out ok.
The pod has accessories that you can purchase, such as a seat that sits on top of the gunnel, and can be used as a lay out blind seat, at a slant by attaching to either front or rear gunnel. They also have gun holder and ammo holders that sit on the gunnel. The pod can also have a electric motor attachment as well.
Their shipping process was substandard though, Pod arrived in a cardboard box, taped with one inch packing tape , and foam inserts on both ends. However the box and foam inserts were a mess. Luckily there was no damaged. I feel with this high end product, they should of shipped with some kind of wood protection.
The pod weighs 62 pounds, a bit awkward to handle but doable, on long distance I recommend a dolly.
Over all , I love this pod, and have had several compliments on her, I highly recommend this pod.
some pictures are of my buddies pod which is a 12 foot composite type, when My son and previous dog were really young.

Attachments

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Excellent real world experience review Brother!

Now, how stable is it when the Lab pulls the ejection handle, to go get a duck?

Genelie

Lifetime Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Excellent real world experience review Brother!

Now, how stable is it when the Lab pulls the ejection handle, to go get a duck?
LOL tested that too, not so bad, did not pull him back in yet as we were all playing and he was heading to shore to go pee.

Genelie

Lifetime Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Well I got to the pond about 2 hours too early, 4am you could hear the ducks calling, I padded my pod out to where I wanted to set up, all said a done I waited not realizing that shoot time was another 2.5 hours away. At 30 degrees. Made for a chilling LONG wait. 30 minutes before shoot time the birds were flying in, my blood was pumping with excitement, that got me warm. When shoot time arrived I has 3 birds in 3 different locations. Decision time. So I picked one yelled out to get them up, got the one, bit the other 2. Then all quite. Still cold I asked myself how long should I wait. I decide to try a d scare some birds up. Being in very shallow water I was able to stand up in my pod, I fired ....then here they came, I 3 minutes I had downed 2 more birds it was awesome as they had their landing gear down, and no where to go. But that was it. 3 birds but good ones. One Hen widgeon, one Drake Gadwall , and one drake Mallard.

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
And where are the pictures? No need to just set there and shiver when you can pick up the phone and grab some nice Sunrise shots over the bow of the Pod :cool:

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
So how is "The Pod" doing by the way? Maybe we should move this posting under that review thread?

Let me know and will be glad to combine them and keep the product review going ;)

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Awesome!

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Now that you have all the gear onboard and tested for placement, any space for the Lab?

Genelie

Lifetime Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Now that you have all the gear onboard and tested for placement, any space for the Lab?
Ok , so for using the pod with a dog, well the pod I have is 10 foot, though the dog fits, but hunting gear such as decoys ammo, gun, leaves little room left for a dog.
Now 12 footer would provide enough room for your dog. So my pod would be for pleasure trips with the dog, I will have to retrieve my own ducks while hunting out of the pod.

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Thanks for the real world review and recommendations!

It brings much value to our Site and efforts here in helping all, get the best ROI for our Outdoor dollars spent!

Dave