Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Another year has brought us warm waters to southern california. What that means is that the warm water pelgic fish are here again. First trip out was a skunk:eek: no use giving details. 2nd trip was this past saturday. excelent weather, and calm seas. It was a long hour waiting in line at the bait barge, nice way to start off tossing a few while chating with others inline. We made it out where they were seen previouly, along with 100 other boaters. LOL :eek:no worries, most were cool and knew how to be a good boater and sportmanship. But there is always a few bad ones, luckly we only heard about them via the radio. Well the yellowfin were in big #'s but were just not biting. they were jumping all over the place, wish I could of video for all to see. but very exciting indeed. Never the less, we only managed one on a dropper loop slow troll. We finally got bored of chasing those not biting boogers. So of we went in search of floating kelp, in the hopes for a few Dorado, we came across several patties as we call them, PLENTY of dodo's around, they would swim up to the boat and wink at us, and taunt us. but would not bite, we tried everything in our little knowlege bank of our brains, with only one 1/2 takers. Meaning we landed one and faught the good fight with another, who decided to spit back our hook, and did not even wave goodby...no respect...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• yellowfin7-25-15.jpg
    yellowfin7-25-15.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 23
Gene, you bloodied that 210 deck pretty well with that one! Thanks for the report. It is as close to fishing as I have gotten lately. :)

Great job and thanks for the post. I miss that pacific ocean, I spent a lot of time in San Diego paddy hopping for YT in an old 18' boat.

wish ya was here , I would be honored to have you as my guest on the boat

Back