Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Got out of the travel trailer business a few years ago. But, I picked up a 2018 Forest River Mallard 28. It's going to be delivered to my house on Saturday. Can't wait!

Anyone else have experience with Heartland RVs?

Looks like a great unit and love the efficient use of space Martin!

Need to give us a video tour of yours or some pictures. And what are you pulling her with, and your average MPG when doing such?

Got plenty of space for you to park it here at the house, if you ever make it to the Left Coast of Florida and want to try some Flats Fishing :cool:

Thanks for the invite! I'm retiring in 3 months and will be making some time to roam around a bit. We may find ourselves poking around your part of the world at some point.

I'll try to post some travel trailer photo's or something at some point. Really, it doesn't look much different than the video. But we've done a couple things to it.

I recently gave up my one ton diesel, since I'm not towing heavy stuff too much anymore. I picked up the new Ford F-150 with the larger EcoBoost and 10 speed. I'm towing a boat and this travel trailer, ok, and a car hauler and small utility too, and so far it's awesome. I'm not certain of my towing mileage yet. I don't go far to the boat ramp, the car hauler hasn't moved yet this year, and the travel trailer only went on one 60 mile trip. I'll post some MPG's when I get a long trip under the belt.

Very, VERY impressed with the EcoBoost. Smooth and quiet with 20 mpg on the freeway. And hold on to yourself if ever you really step on it. It's FAST for a 4x4 pickup.

We haven't done much to it other than add our silverware, dishes and linens. But here's a couple of photos:

We took out the lousy couch and replaced it with a pair of small recliners. We added a storage box on the back. I had a pair 6 volt batteries installed rather than 12's. The amp hours are just so much longer. I replaced the standard size LP tanks with the larger ones, and I had the dealer install an automatic awning over the port side slide-out.

We did a 3 day trip as our first outing and everything was just fine. A few adjustments to the weight distribution hitch and she tows like nothing behind the new F150 EcoBoost.

Much nicer than my previous Keystone Outback (but it had some miles on it).

Only downside, so far, was not such a good experience with the RV dealer after the sale. But nothing we weren't able to handle.

Attachments

• 20180730_094507.jpg
    20180730_094507.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 20180730_094516.jpg
    20180730_094516.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20180730_094532.jpg
    20180730_094532.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 20180730_100150.jpg
    20180730_100150.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
We've done a few trips now. Currently on the last day of a weekend trip. Only a hundred and fifty miles from home. We went to some friend's house and it's nice to have our own home when we go there. Our own bed.

Trailer is awesome. It's a hundred degrees here and the AC works perfectly. And the best thing, it tows behind the new F-150 EcoBoost, with the 10-speed transmission, like nothing!

I could pass out in one of those chair's with little problems and (some say) pull out all of the O2 in the room at the same time :p

Now you just have to figure out a way to drag both the Boat and the RV at the same time ;)

Back