Back to the inner hull concerns

210ChaosOwner

Participating Member
Premium Member
State
NJ
Boat is a 2005 210 Chaos.
In the area where the bilge pump is, isn't it possible to put an access hatch to the inner hull?

I have water in my bilge but it isn't a big concern, just see most boats have bilge pumps at the very bottom of the bilge, we stop short of that.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida

210ChaosOwner

Participating Member
Premium Member
State
NJ
Dave, I have those but why can't you go right into the floor there, why only the sides? The water is under the deck right there isn't it?

Then you can install a Rule Dry Bilge pump and suck the water out.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I'm sure if you could go lower, the factory would have... That is why everyone installed them in the stern to drain them off when back at the house setting on the trailer.

210ChaosOwner

Participating Member
Premium Member
State
NJ
I'm sure if you could go lower, the factory would have... That is why everyone installed them in the stern to drain them off when back at the house setting on the trailer.
Yeah but my boats in the water 8 months of the year

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Will have to defer you to Brother Bill on his. This since he is the only one I know of that cut into the stern of a 210 as you can see on the link below, when he added a extension to his and making it to about 23 feet with a lot more transom flotation in the process...

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/media/users/push-pull.4188/page-13

And other to review and watch is this one, so you can see a cut away of one

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/media/triumph-hull-construction.10283/

Best,
Dave

WHYKNOTMIKE

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
New jersey
I have a 210 and would like to add the drains. From the photos I’ve found I really can’t see where they need to go. Does anyone have better photos or more detailed instructions? My bilge does not look like the ones I’ve seen. 2002 210

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Quite sure there are many photos here of that upgrade.

Just go use the search tool at the top right of any page and use the keywords of:

inner hull drain

Best,
Dave