k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
I had those drains in my 210. they were the source of water into my inner hull. took it back to Merritt and they drained my hull, drilled the drain holes larger then welded them shut and redid the drains through solid plastic. corrected the issue

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Yes, those holes must be drilled through the solid plastic known as the kiss off point. A place where the hull is single thickness. Sorry you had that issue, glad you got it fixed.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Pictures I found on the Site while looking up another topic, and just a great use of space for the bow of a 210 and I suspect other models at the same time :cool:

full

full

Might come in handy as a place to also set / stand when fishing, if you can make it strong enough to support the weight ;)

Dave

Codfish

Contributing Member
Premium Member
City
Payette
Dave, I did the fish box drains in about 2006 or 07 I believe. I also posted several photos and extensive explanation of modification. If you can find that thread it may be helpful to add it to this one.

I love the fish net rack. Will do something like that this Spring.

I also did a thread on my homemade casting deck that you may be able to find. Same year era.

Codfish

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Another excellent use of space by Joe (Joguzman711) on his water chariot :cool:

full

And Brother Joe (just discovered this) has his own YouTube channel so might be able to see it in action here:

Let's see more great ideas and just because Triumph went the way of the T Rex, does not mean you still cannot update them as much as those hulls will allow :)

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Low Budget Tilt Steering....

Many, many, moons ago I made this upgrade to my old 210 since I detest (strong, but true opinion on my part) helms that are vertical! You simply cannot turn fast enough when carving up winding creeks much less, get her along side a dock gently this or even worse, pull back onto a trailer trying to spin a helm back and forth going hand over hand :rolleyes: That "Dog Don't Hunt" and you need a helm more more flat like a Fork Lift and a speed knob on the wheel to really have Command and Control over the vessel.

Here is a good later example of the past 190 that I believe was the 1st one to ever factory installed "tilt" steering and I am using this so you can get a better mental picture of the position. I also swapped out the sad factory wheel for one that was smaller and had a built in speed knob

full

full

full

Now back to the 210... And I suspect this combo is much less expensive that replacing your present "fixed" helm since they are very expensive! So what I did back then, was have adapter plate installed which pitched the angle of the helm 20 degrees and give you 4 possible mounting positions. Here is the original posting screen shot that shows such...

full

And here is how it looked back then on old 210....

full

full

Then I finally got smart and took the clamp on aftermarket speed knob off, and then upgraded the steering wheel with one that had one already built in and smaller in diameter ;)

full

Here is the current Seastar link (these parts are still made) so you can consider adding them to your helm be it a Triumph 190, 210 or 235 or other brand of Skiff or Boat for that matter, if you do not want to spend another grand or more, to have "tilt steering" which trust me... Is simply awesome!

And look over the section on the: 20° Wedge Kit c/w Drain Kit (Part number HA5419 & HA5408)

Hope this helps you have better command and control on yours :cool:

Enjoy!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I know I have posted this link before, but I stumbled again onto Osprey Vic's highly customized 210 back when he had it (heard he sold her when he moved) but all of his posted pictures of his are still here for review here:

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/members/ospreyvic.5/#xfmgMedia

There are a lot of cool ideas to barrow from, and I spent some time on that boat with him. So, some of those Ideas I have seen in person and I might be able to help you adapt them for your needs and if not, we have a few 210 guru's here on the Site I can loop in if needed ;)

Enjoy!
Dave