Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Time for many members either current owners, or shoppers for the 170, too start thinking about spring cleaning and upgrades for your rig for the season.

So please feel free to add links to photos to this thread, that you feel are the "Best of Best" non-factory ideas you or others have come up with thus far for the Triumph 170

Tight Lines!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida

Ozy Mark

Recognized Leader Triumph 170 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Hamilton
State
Australia
My No1 upgrade Ive done to the 170DC was fitting suspension seats. I researched around forever & just couldnt find anything & then one day I was playing in my mates Bobcat digger & noticed that the seats were awesome & comfortable. He said well of coarse as you are bashed around all day so you need good suspension!!!! Bingo, I now have two bobcat suspension seats in my beauty & you can adjust the weight setting from 50Kg to 150Kg. The seats came with the base & they are well suited for getting wet with large drain lines & also elbow rest the wrap around with side impact protection. They are not totally suited for salt water but good maintenance with sort that out. My Back LOVES me & so does my non boater passenger haha

Best Mod to date & makes the boat ride a dream :cool:

DSC01563.JPG

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
It looks like he mounted them, to the original factory style mounts. I also bet which is really cool... They adjust forward and back like your truck seat does, so you can really get adjusted "just right" for piloting the boat ;) Many boat seats do not which I always thought was dumb :confused:

Here is a State Side product (not sure about Salt Water rating though?) if you are needing something for your back Justin :)

jg1891

Participating Member
City
Gulf Coast
Thanks Dave.

Yeah, I forgot Ozy Mark's 17 was a factory dual console. I've never seen a dual console in person. I assume Triumph had backing plates and used thru-bolts for the DC seating configuration.

I always wanted to change the flip flop cooler seat in both of my 17 CC's to a leaning post, but I never went through with it due to not being able to through bolt it.

The cooler seat is just attached to the deck with self tapping screws. More than sufficient because of the low center of gravity and the fact that you don't put a lot of leverage on the seat like you would a captains chair or a leaning post.

Considered two small deck plates for access to the leaning post legs so I could put a backing plate/through bolt it but never followed through with it. I know it's doable, but the leaning post will be subjected to a lot more force than the painfully low cooler seat. The plastic deck is only about a 1/2 inch thick. I looked at the lifts that the guy from the Carolina Skiff site sells, but all said and done, you would be in for the cost of a real nice leaning post. His products are not cheap and it ends up looking like a cooler seat on stilts.

I would love to see photos of a 17cc with a leaning post conversion done right if there are any out there. Looks like I will be keeping my boat for at least another season, so trying to make it as comfortable for me as possible. I'm tall and heavy.

I guess I asked the question when I saw the generous amount of sealant around the pedestal bases.

Mark really has a cool boat!

Thanks again guys!!

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Brother, you can mount a leaning post in the same way (screws) mine on the 190 was factory mounted in such a manner. Now here is the key... It had a large footprint on the floorboard that ran from the front legs to the rear, to help spread out the forces....

full

full

And trust me, that extra step that I had made "after I had the leaning post lowered to my comfort level" was simply GREAT! You had the ability to set and rest your feet on it, this while also having a place to stand up and drive through skinny water or scout for fish while under power ;)

And I say this to round out the package... Upgrade to a smaller helm steering wheel and add tilt steering! All of that combined will make it into a totally different vessel for both running and cruising. You will have a much greater sight picture while running, and better handling and control of the all at Skiff at the same time :cool:

Drop me a line with your number and I would be most happy to call and discuss this upgrade for you ;)

Dave

Ozy Mark

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Hamilton
State
Australia
How are they secured to the deck? Toggle or thru bolted?
Hi Guys,
My upgraded seats bolted directly to the seat posts already installed in my Dual console. All I had to do was shorten the pedestal height & it bolted directly on. It still rotates & also slides forward & back. Seriously comfortable & luxurious lol. Just the way I like it

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
And under said deck (when not installed) one gain more storage by cutting and making a hinge for the factory deck and you can see that here:

Another great idea and Max use of Min space for sure ;)

Ozy Mark

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Hamilton
State
Australia
How are they secured to the deck? Toggle or thru bolted?
They fitted to the standard pillar I had to shorten them a couple of inches so I sat in the same height as factory & with that it reduces the leverage on the pedestal. I can’t believe they don’t make these as factory.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida