better things to come

ReelDive

Participating Member
City
Chipley
Feb is cold. Made one trip this month A two tank dive on the 7th. both inshore. dove the Hovercraft and Hathaway span 14 maybe next week things will be looking up. Can do 59-deg water but need 65
+ air for my surface interval. There will be some great ,mid day, high tide dive window here in March, and warter temps should be on the way up any one want to come down and dive?

Attachments

• sharkattack[1].gif
    sharkattack[1].gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 17
OK winter realy sucks-- here I am answering my own threads.
Thursday, this week plan to get the boat out!! hopefully to dive but there is a REEL part to the ReelDive equation. Will report

Well one of these days I will get wet again....in the meantime.....what you can't do 42 degrees.????:D You need a better suit....:D :D :D Not that I enjoy the cold water, but I have been in it...coming out with blue lips.

This is a friend of mine on a recent dive at Morrison Springs in his not so dry suite. I did the dive in a 2pc 3m with hood,gloves,and booties. I was much warmer

air temp 52deg water temp 54 surface bottom temp (at mouth of spring) 63 deg

Attachments

• 04 Damp suit.jpg
    04 Damp suit.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 34
I think his suit leaked:D :D Yeah I would not of done that in a 3 mm, I would of packed on my 2 pc 7 mm and been nice and warm.

We did a dive on the offshore Bridge Spans ( when the old Hathaway bridge was torn down they put the trusses down as artificial reefs ) These are in 100' with a 30' profile off the bottom. Water temp is up to 62 F with 30' + viz got two AJs and a mangrove snapper. We jiged with Rod and reel during our surface intervals and cuaght a few more AJs. the viz was bad out to 7 mi so had to go offshore as you can see from the pic's, it wasn't photo quality. Hope it improves with water temp.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 24
ReelDive,

Just noticed you are in my neck of the woods. Been a long time since I strapped on tanks. Learned to dive in Valdosta Ga prior to my Dad moving us to the island of Crete Greece. Logged over a 150 dives there and achieved PADI DiveMaster at the age of 15. I might have logged 5 dives since but did recently get my cards back from PADA, lost my wallet years back and never took the time. I plan to find some used equipment and would love to get wet soon. Definitly would need an experienced partner and a couple of check dives to get back into it.

Gulf temp inshore = 60+ off shore = 64+ one report to 66
AJ's on offshore wrecks, grouper still on the hard bottom @ deco deptheh

in the bays--specks on the grass @ mid day high tide. come on down and lets get wet and fish!!!!!

I'm not quite in the area, but close. I'm in Pascagoula, MS. I'm heading over to Destin next weekend for my checkout dive in the springs on Friday, and if the weather does what it's supposed to, an open water dive the next day. I'm really looking forward to it. Any advice or nerve calming mojo for a first dive?

Nice pic's looks like a great haul....

I'm not quite in the area, but close. I'm in Pascagoula, MS. I'm heading over to Destin next weekend for my checkout dive in the springs on Friday, and if the weather does what it's supposed to, an open water dive the next day. I'm really looking forward to it. Any advice or nerve calming mojo for a first dive?
which springs? Ive done morrison and Vortex several times. I often do photo of Diver's Den 1st OW cert classes there. Hope it was a great 1st dive. Viz off Panama City was 40' + and water temp = 62f with 1' or less seas on Saterdays dive for me. Welcome aboard

I was wrong. It is this coming weekend (3/16 & 17). We are doing the Vortex springs on Fri. If weather cooperates, an open water dive Sat., although, looking at the marine forecast right now, looking like it might be pretty good seas running by the end of the week. We'll see; doesn't matter to me as long as I can get wet.

Getting in the water in high seas is easy. Getting back on the boat can be a totally different matter. That's where most accidents happen. Remeber your going to be wearing 60lbs of gear and probably takeing your fins off to mount the ladder and several tons of boat are pitching up and down at least by wave hieght. not an easy task for experienced divers. I usually tumb the dive when they predict > 4' It ain't fun any more it's a servival exercise. I do this for fun. Hey thats why I keep a rod and reel on board! Time to go fishing

Back