Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
It is with pleasure to kick off this new section with my friend who has been such a great help to me, and quite sure some have seen him on TV as a staff member of the "Florida Inside Fishing Report" Captain Tommy Derringer :cool:

Tommy on his Maverick.jpg

tommy-posing-mav.jpg

He is just one of the nicest guys you could ever speak with, and just awesome with how quick he responds and his willingness to help is just off the chart! Here is a quick video interview of him for the Florida Insider Fishing Report:

As you have seen and we are working on more items with him. Tommy is a MBG (Maverick Boat Group) guide and you can hear him smile when talking about his newest weapon that you have seen on the Site, the Carbon Edition Maverick 18 HPX

And since he has had several models of Mavericks and Pathfinder for that matter, he is a awesome resource on them!

i-gKmzHLV-XL.jpg

So if in North East Florida, or planning a visit that part of our Great State, this and upgrade your Skills on a Educational Fishing Trip. You would hard pressed to find a better Person and Guide to go with :D

You can reach Captain Tommy on his website here:
https://inshoreadventures.net/

And don't forget from April to September, you can watch Captain Tommy on the "Florida Insider Fishing Report" (just click on the name to get dates, channels and times) and to hear his most recent report on the same Site by clicking on his region in NE Florida ;)

capt-2019-tommy-derringer-headshot.jpg

So looking forward to working with Captain Tommy on some projects here on the Site, and do let him know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you reach out to him!

Tight Lines!
Dave

Attachments

• i-PQNTvWC-XL.jpg
    i-PQNTvWC-XL.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 561

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
And I would be amiss not to mention that Capt. Tommy has quite the following at home also! His daughters like to fish and his eldest (as per Daddy) has become quite the angler herself at the ripe old age of 8 :)

IMG_1366 2.JPG

And if the Maverick Boat Group Marketing Guru's were really on the ball, they would include these shots in their next Maverick catalog!

81874965_10157837301924709_1072881073899175936_o.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Now that is the way many of us started, and we need to not forget them when taking trips... And she thumped that one on a Swimbait also!
Simply Awesome, and bet she could out fish many of us with the level of exposure and training she has received :D

Thanks again Captain Tommy for joining us here :cool:

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Another great video with Captain Tommy when Rick Murphy was fishing with him in his home waters on a Maverick Skiff.

You can reach Captain Tommy on his homepage link below if you would like to Book a Trip, this and work on your Inshore Lure or Fly Fishing Technique

inshore-adventures-guided-charters-fly-reels.jpg

In that Awesome Ecosystem he runs around in :cool:

https://inshoreadventures.net/

Looking forward to working with Captain Tommy on some projects here on the Site, and do let him know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you reach out to him!

Tight Lines!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Have been chatting with Capt Tommy and fishing has been good, and he is getting pretty booked up (which is a good thing) so I would give him a call here soon, if you planning a trip to NE Florida and would like to take in a Trip with one of the best guides in our State!

159316951_10218809990896646_2468590954523059392_o.jpg

He has his new Skiff (as well as the Pathfinder I hear) all cleanup up to the Tommy / Dave level and ready to take you :)

153104214_10158731037295772_1088544002823043994_o.jpg

And we are working on getting the Podcast cast questions and recording details worked out. So, if you have something you would like me to also ask? Please feel free to shoot me over your question, and will be most happy to add it to the list and give you credit :cool:

You can reach Captain Tommy here: https://inshoreadventures.net/

And do let him know Dave from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you reach out to him!

Tight Lines,
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Some great Skiff design Tips from Capt Tommy that he advised me you can barrow to help make yours even better ;)

Tight Lines!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Almost forgot, I will be seeing Capt Tommy in the near future for a test run on his Skiff (hopefully if we have enough time record the our Podcast) and will grab some extra content at that time.

So, if you have any questions for him on his Skiffs, Fishing, TV show Content Etc. Please feel free to drop me a PM here on the Site and I will be most happy to cover them :cool:

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Tommy also has a blog that he keeps pretty current (unlike many) so if you would like to see what they are picking a fight with and thumping lately, you can see it located here:

https://inshoreadventures.blogspot.com/

i-TjRwzVq-X3-denoise-denoise.jpg

And do let him know Dave from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you reach out to him!

Tight Lines,
Dave