Duck hunting with a Triumph/Logic

A

Ashley Bennett

Hello,
I'm looking at getting either a Logic or a Triumph skiff. I noticed several models had a 6 inch draft. Is there anybody that uses their Triumph/Logic for duck hunting, or other shallow water application? What about camo for the white hull. Does the plastic hull take well to camo paint? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Ashley Bennett

NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Ashley, The Skiff boat is a new product from Triumph so you won't find a Logic Skiff. They have only been making the skiff boat for one year. It is proving to be very popular. Check out this article for information on applying paint to a Triumph Hull:
http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/...-applying-bottom-paint-your-triumph-hull.html

Maybe a "wrap" would be easier/less expensive? That way if you ever wanted to go back to the white hull or sell the boat you'd just remove the wrap. I'm not sure what is involved in attaching wrap though so maybe someone else would have input on that.

Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
I do not want to burst your bubble on duck hunting,(being a advid hunter myself.) But I would think that trying to camoflauge useing any of the normal rigs would not apply on the skiff, or any of the triumph lines. But as for taking the beating that we hunters put our boats through...well the triumph would do great .

boostjunkie1

Contributing Member
City
Lexington
I would just get the skiff and then get a blind material to go over it. You could mount self adhesive velcro or buttons on the hull and then cut your blind material to fit those sections. That way you have your duck boat in the winter and a nice looking fishing boat in the summer :D

A

Ashley Bennett

Hunting with a Triumph

Hello,
Has anybody used a Triumph or Logic for duck hunting or other type of shallow water application? In particular the 170 center console. The skiff looks nice, but I would prefer the 170, due to it being somewhat lighter. Thanks,
Ashley Bennett

wpschaef

Contributing Member
City
Livermore
real skinny water

I may not have gone duck hunting but I have had my 170CC in just less than 1' of water and kept going. Being carefull of my motor of course! Thats with about 550-600lbs of fishermen and gear plus all the extras I've installed.

SWAMPTHANG

Registered Member
City
Burgaw
Hello,
Has anybody used a Triumph or Logic for duck hunting or other type of shallow water application? In particular the 170 center console. The skiff looks nice, but I would prefer the 170, due to it being somewhat lighter. Thanks,
Ashley Bennett

I haven't duck hunted in my 170CC but, I have had it in 8" of water without it dragging the bottom. The draft is 6" so they do well in shallow water. I would use a push pole or trolling motor when in that shallow of water to keep from ruining your water pump on your outboard.