Dustoff's Krab Kakes

Dustoff '68

Participating Member
City
Norfolk
OK, looks like the stroganoff went down like the Titanic...how about crab cakes...pretty hard to find now here in Hampton Roads due to the no crabbing edict...try this with your favorite type crab...in this recipe, I'll use Alaska King Crab...

2 lbs cooked Alaskan King crab, chopped
1 cup of Panko (Asian bread crumbs)
1 tsp of baking powder
2/3 cup of Half & Half
2 large eggs beaten
1/2 cup of Hellman's Mayo
4-5 tbsp finely chopped spring onion
1/4 tsp coarse ground pepper
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
Salt to taste with Sea salt or Kosher salt

Mix all ingredients together, and shape into 8 patties
Lightly coat patties in flour or corn starch, and place on large glass dish; cover dish, and place patties in fridge for atleast 4 hours

Remove from fridge, and fry patties on low heat using either butter, canola oil, or olive oil until nicely browned on both sides.

Serve as an appetizer along side your favorite salad, or on a hard Chicago style roll and top with your favorite hot sauce.

Bon apetit:)

This looks like something I will have to try, except I will have to use MD blue crab meat. Is there any other kind? Haha

What is hellman's? you're in the south man, only mayo is Duke's! and yea, on the bay blue crab, and it had to have been live in the bay within the last 24 hours.

OK boys...lesson in Mayo....Hellman's = fresh whole eggs and egg yolks...Dukes = (ugh) powdered eggs....:D:p

"Bring out the Hellman's, and bring out the best"

As for blue crabs, I don't think one can get any fresh caught around these parts....but yes, they are an excellent crab.;)

OK, looks like the stroganoff went down like the Titanic...how about crab cakes...pretty hard to find now here in Hampton Roads due to the no crabbing edict...try this with your favorite type crab...in this recipe, I'll use Alaska King Crab...

2 lbs cooked Alaskan King crab, chopped
1 cup of Panko (Asian bread crumbs)
1 tsp of baking powder
2/3 cup of Half & Half
2 large eggs beaten
1/2 cup of Hellman's Mayo
4-5 tbsp finely chopped spring onion
1/4 tsp coarse ground pepper
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
Salt to taste with Sea salt or Kosher salt

Mix all ingredients together, and shape into 8 patties
Lightly coat patties in flour or corn starch, and place on large glass dish; cover dish, and place patties in fridge for atleast 4 hours

Remove from fridge, and fry patties on low heat using either butter, canola oil, or olive oil until nicely browned on both sides.

Serve as an appetizer along side your favorite salad, or on a hard Chicago style roll and top with your favorite hot sauce.

Bon apetit:)
Oh, man! This sounds delicious. I can't wait for some decent crabbing water! 14 at 16 is just a little rough for me...

Back