EZ Loader trailer part suggestion

mallahan

Registered Member
City
Everett
State
WA
Here is an odd one. I returned from a day of fun and when my wife backed the trailer down the launch I thought something was missing from my trailer. Sure enough the V-bracket or pad was completely gone! I contacted my local dealer and they said that the part was discontinued. The trailer is 13 years old and still in great shape, but minus the V-pad. Any suggestions? Below is the schematics that EZ Loader sent me with the missing piece circled in red. Is it critical that I replace it?

1591749203987.png

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Is the supporting bracket and hardware still there and serviceable? You could probably easily make a couple of bunks for that.

mallahan

Registered Member
City
Everett
State
WA
Nope completely gone. Here is an shot. Perhaps a shop can make one for me?
1591749548344.png

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
That may very well be your best option. Shop around, you may be surprised what you can find in some good marine shops or trailer stores. Might find a bracket that will replicate your needs.

I've run into the same thing with older boat trailers; parts are discontinued, schematics are obsolete. Sometimes we just have to make do. That's not the best answer I can give you, I hope somebody else can weigh in here and give you something better than I can.

Harper

Recognized Leader Triumph 191/195 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Republic of Texas
Yes, that support for the 191/195 is a critical support piece.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
This part I used on my past 190 trailer and should work for you "if" you can still find one from Magic Tilt or another Trailer builder?

It was adjustable in height so you could lift it to either touch the keel or "lift" the boat as she was being loaded to help match up with the front wench stand if needed ;)

full

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Most Welcome!
And shop around if you don't like that design, and that part was no longer showing on the Magic Tilt parts page (strange since they show it on new trailers?) but I am sure other vendors carry it or something near to it.

Just use the name of that part in a Google Image search and see what you find that matches up to your present needs OR modify your search keywords and see if you can find a closer match?

Tight Lines!
Dave