nocturn

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Colonial Heights
State
Virginia
I plan on swapping out my old Faria gauges (Tach, Speedo, Batt, Fuel) with newer "Euro White" Faria gauges. The old ones off my 2007 215CC are the white with chrome bezel. Anyone know the style name of these? The "Chesapeake" style is close but the fonts are different. I'm hoping all the gauges are a plug and play replacement.

Anyway, the OEM tach has a digital hour reading on it. How would I go about transferring that number over to a replacement tach? Or am I SOL and need to math the proper hours to the newer unit?

Also, has anyone done an analog to digital fuel gauge swap? I HATE the floaty style of the analog gauge.

Fuel gauges are a waste of time. No real way to determine level when underway with the fuel sloshing around in tanks with no baffles. Better off with a GPH flow meter with totalizer.

Last edited:
I think also that the hours might be read from the motor itself, and are stored in the motor computer. At least that's what I've seen in the Suzuki motors. The hours are just read from what the motor says, not stored in the gauge.

I think also that the hours might be read from the motor itself, and are stored in the motor computer. At least that's what I've seen in the Suzuki motors. The hours are just read from what the motor says, not stored in the gauge.
Unfortunately that didn't happen. I did the gauge swap last night and the hours did not roll over from my Yama F150. New gauges look sweet though.
IMAG0446_zpsq01rudqz.jpg

Back