Finally Florida,,anyone have a good story about a mover?

k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
After years of talking on this site and planning I have finally made it to Florida. I have been camping in my new house in Punta Gorda on an inflatable queen bed, with a card table and two folding chairs. We have been buying alot of things we need, some of which we have but they have not moved anywhere toward Florida yet.

The movers picked our stuff up July 12 and took it to Michigan. The movers told me Tuesday that it should be here saturday, but as of today it is still in Michigan. Nobody I have talked to has had any good experiences with movers. I am kind of wondering is this the norm. If it is I am never moving again. Hey wait. I am never moving again. :D

NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Congratulations on the move! Strange that your stuff went to Michigan. I've never used a moving company. We haven't moved in 25 years but I've always done it myself. Hang in there!

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Well then, Welcome home Brother!

As part of your assimilation process, you will be required too watch some real Football, SEC style!

Gators10.jpg

That is only a small parts of your checklist items, needed to re-program yourself :p

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
My daughter moved from Seattle to Phoenix sometime back. Her furniture pickup date was accurate, but the delivery date was way off. All of her stuff sat in some warehouse in Utah for some period of days, and showed up in Phoenix over a week late. Frustrating.

Another friend of mine, in law enforcement, was moving out of the country for his line of work. The moving company used the little stickers to identify each item in his inventory list of property. But they circled every code indicating the item had a scratch, dent, crack, or was broken on every single item. When he confronted them, they backpedaled hard. Had to re inventory everything. So watch yourself. That kind of stuff happens.

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Don't mean to cause any worry.

k9reno

Lifetime Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
no worries. I have been fed so much crap I am feeling like a mushroom. I packed 80% of what was loaded on the truck when they picked the stuff up. if they put stickers on anything it would have been when they off loaded into storage 3 weeks ago. I just hope the 100 yr old oil portrait of my great grandfather makes it in one piece. it is 4ft tall and 3 wide.

k9reno

Lifetime Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
I got my things 8-12 30 days after they picked it up. After off loading everything I guess the overall experience was ok. nothing lost, only four glasses of no consequence broken one plater we seldom use, a baking dish I packed wrong, and the only thing that mattered was a glass insert for a table. What bothers me the most was the insert was never mentioned until I asked where it was. Response, it is not on the truck, I told them to double check. I found it still wrapped in their blankets and cardboard between my riding lawn mower and the wall of my garage away from everything else. Gee you think they tried to hide it until they were gone. I can understand glass getting broken, but trying to hide it, come on guys give me a break. OH and on a positive note I am finally totally legit.boat florida numbers.jpg