Fishmaster T Top on 195 CC

sea monkey

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
MA
I purchased a Fishmaster Original Folding T Top and planned to install it on my 195CC. Reading some other posts, I'm now worried that the flooring may not have the strength to support the top.

Does anyone have some personal experience with this combination? I'd really like to hear how it worked out for you if so.

Also, the standoffs are designed to be installed through the lower side rails. But in the case of the 195CC this would fix them right into the tilting center console, preventing it from opening. I was considering instead to drill through the front legs, so that I could attach the standoffs to the fixed lower half of the console. Not sure if this will be strong enough support.

Unfortunately I've found Fishmaster to be pretty unresponsive to customer inquiries.

Thoughts or advice?

Thank you!

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Any side support even if below the tilting part of the console will help... I would just use a decent size backing plate to help spread out the load, and use quality SS Fasteners with either nylon locking nuts, or split ring locking washers, to help keep them in place and getting loose over time. I just would not overly tighten them, so you are not squeezing the sidewalls of the console and creating a crack in the material.

As far as the feet of the top into the deck go, I would follow the same steps and using the same fasteners as one would to mount up a swim ladder, etc... You can find out more about those here:

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/media/16-using-toggler-bolts-with-roplene.10426/

Lastly does not shock me about Fishmaster Support, Triumph Boats are not only "Dead Jim" but just not that many were made as compared to fiberglass Skiff and Boats.

This Search link might also come in handy (like most things using the search tool at the top right)

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/search/18014/?q=fishmaster&o=relevance

Hope this helps,
Dave

sea monkey

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
MA
Thanks very much Dave. I'm really impressed with the support a new owner of this unique boat can find here.

For the backing plate I assume you mean behind the standoffs, not under the deck. The thickness of the deck looks pretty reasonable to me from a strength standpoint.

But using the toggler bolts as one of the videos described looks like a great idea. I only wonder whether I'll have issues trying to insert the toggler bolts around the console, it looks like there's a possibility I may be mounting in an area that's foam filled, and so the toggler may not be able to rotate into place. I plan to place the feet of the tower just a couple of inches away from the console, and peeking under the deck I see that this area is enclosed (see the right side of the attached photo). Any thoughts on this?

Attachments

• 07EDC3BA-7A72-4359-B9B6-CFC2EBB5F67E.jpeg
    07EDC3BA-7A72-4359-B9B6-CFC2EBB5F67E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Back plate on the console (inside) for extra side supports (even if they have to be made) so you are not just trusting on the 4 feet screwing to the deck to "maybe" hold it all in place... No, would be much better to add extra side supports that then mount to the side of the console to help spread out the loads. So basically you would have 6 (or more) mounting points, not just the 4 feet to the deck.

Example pictures (console is not much different on the 210) can be found here:

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/best-of-the-best-210-215-upgrade-ideas.9102/page-2

My Best,
Dave