Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Glass of FCF (Florida Coastal Fabrications) here on the Island, and having him show me some of their beautiful Metal Art Work! One of the things he told me "Dave you got to see this" was a picture of an Aluminum and Powder Coated Tarpon with your house number inside the belly of the fish :D Now that was very cool and some very creative thinking outside the box!

31682286_383224148827860_429467622606635008_o.jpg

Now Mike's talented Sister Brenda, handles the pre-production Art work which is then digitally feed into their cutters and it comes out simply beautiful, and rugged enough to last a life time... Great example, say you know a Veteran and would like to give them a special gift? The metal work and painting they do of the American Flag is simply stunning!1543276364179.png
This as well as some great fish outlines (both painted or plain) and here, is some more examples of their Art and related Outdoor Products :)
29598280_369699146847027_2284534158642082249_n.jpg

29425836_365317647285177_4838860247600726016_n.jpg

Tarpon Gate.jpg
And here is another good picture of more of their product examples, this to help give you just a small scope of their creations :)

Product line.jpg

They though have a long list of products (and I hate to call it products, really it is Art) and other fabrication work they can preform such as...
  1. Fish Cleaning tables with or without metal fish outlines
  2. House Numbers
  3. Skiff and Boat Fabrication and repairs (Like Polling Platforms and T Tops)
  4. Outboard lower unit case repairs
  5. Cool key and leash holders for your loyal 4 legged alarm system in the house ;)
  6. An idea I thought up for our Skiff. Was custom Aluminum outlines with mounting points, for either the brand and or name of your boat. The Beavertail Skiff Tarpon logo came to mind, just as soon as Mike brought up the picture of the Tarpon with the house number inside.

images.jpg
Or if you have a Triumph Boat for example, and really tired of stickers peeling up and want some extra bling... Then have one or a set made of Aluminum with mounting points to secure it to the hull! You could go either plain or have it powder coated to match the color of the rest of your metal work like the color of your T-Top :D

326709-triumph-170-cc827001_thb.jpg

The only aspect you need to keep in mind as Mike was advising me. That your design really needs to "connect" so as in the case of the Triumph name for example, a line under all the letters would be needed so it would be all in one piece naturally ;) But really, they can produce just about anything you can think up using metal :cool:

19055653_251749465308663_2813439890603391264_o.jpg

19059191_251229728693970_3911270684591272512_n.jpg

More information and further examples for FCF can be seen on this link:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/FloridaCoastalFabrications/photos/?ref=page_internal

And just as soon as possible, yours truly is going to hold a Q&A podcast with Mike that we will post on the site here. This on a whole range of Art and Metal working topics and maybe if I am lucky, even take a tour of their facility full of all kinds of cool metal working toys :) Now if you have anything you would like for me to ask Mike, please feel free to send me a PM and I will be most happy to reach out so we can ensure that your question and or concept idea, is covered during my time with him :D

Who knows, we might even be able to convince Mike to come Onboard as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) and field some of your design ideas for both your metal Outdoor Art and or related Boat Fabrication questions direct.

So if you see something you like, this or have an idea you would like to bounce off of Mike to have made and shipped to you. You know..., like that Killer metal Redfish or Tarpon (pretty much any Marine animal) to hang in the living room for your Wife's next Birthday that She (yea right) has always wanted.... :p

You can reach out to FCF
Phone: 239-910-1621
Or email this so you can also send concept pictures for a quote here: Floridacoastalfabrications@Gmail dot com

And let them know that the guys from Performance Outdoors sent you ;)

Enjoy!
Dave

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Here is some more recent example of Mike's work and some of it just stunning in quality and detail :cool:

39589077_465284423955165_2107915613245538304_n.jpg32403472_387746935042248_7529316388465278976_n.jpg

32253681_387746798375595_4608730913424015360_n.jpg

39522419_465213587295582_1431531587807215616_n.jpg

36874258_424526938030914_4940788243965673472_n.jpg

They now have their own Powder Coating booth so they can better control both quality and tighter delivery dates I am sure...

Looking forward to getting caught up with Mike, have a tour and discussion on the shop updates and operations soon that we will also post on the Site.

And if you do reach out to them for your project needs, make sure you mention the guys from Performance Outdoors sent you ;)

All My Best,
Dave

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
FCF now has a Online Ordering Website that was just launched so it does not have all of their products posted as of yet, but sure you can use it to reach them faster and (which I am not a huge fan of) outside the Facebook Realm ;) You can find it on the this link below:

https://www.flacoastalfab.com/

Enjoy!
Dave

Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
I just sent them an email asking how to send them an image and discuss making it. I'll post updates as we move along.

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
And if you need me to call Mike direct or stop by to check on something for you Martin, I would be happy to do such :cool: Their business is not far from my home office ;)

Offshoreman

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Awesome, thanks. I got an e-mail back from him. I'll be sending him an image soon and see what we can make of it.

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I just saw Mike the other day at the local boat show, but it was busy (as expected) so we did not get much time to talk. Martin how is your project going with them and how did it turn out?

Offshoreman

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
I have not sent them an image yet. I chuckle to myself when I say: "When things slow down a bit". You know how that goes.... Soon as I put something together and send it I'll post it here.

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Mike sent me a picture of new product line they are now making, and that is decorative railing with metal art welded in and here is an example shot

IMG_20181123_144956796.jpg

This is a office shot, and you can see the shop dog leash hanger in the background. Mike did one for us / Rebel that looks just like the beast and we use that item a lot since we also hang all our keys on it at the same time :cool:

So you would be surprised at all the functional as well as decorative items they can make for your home and boat so feel free to reach our to Mike and the Staff at FCF ;)

https://www.flacoastalfab.com/

And let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors sent you if you reach out to them!

Dave

Offshoreman

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Here's the logo from the side of our boat, t-shirts, etc. We've only ever had it silk-screened or made into vinyl stickers. I sent it to them asking what they thought they could make of it.....

Attachments

k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
I had sent Them a image of a horseshoe crab idea I had for an address sign. We are in Punta Gorda this week checking on the house and showing my wife the house for about the first time. I figured that since we were here, we drove out to Pine Island and stopped by Florida Coastal Fabrications. I spoke with them and was advised that they were not real happy with what they could do with the horseshoe crab. I had also decided after seeing the octopus with the address in it that the crab would not cut it. We decided that when the house is done we are going to have him make the dueling Mahi's airbrushed address sign It is amazing. they are real nice people there. I will be getting several pieces for the house.

k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
I just got back from pine island. Mike at Florida coastal fabrication is real good to work with. He sat down with me and we modified his dueling mahi address sign to fit my idea and space. He also resized his seahorse for me. They look great.

Attachments