Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
ISLAMappingLogo-3D-small.jpg

I have seen these chips in action, and they really come in handy around here and looking to get one in the GPS unit on the next Flats Skiff we get.

As per their website...
"Detailed marine cartography available on SDHC and micro chips"
Florida Marine Tracks LLC, provides detailed marine cartography with Hi-Res Imagery available on SDHC and micro chips for all of Florida for use in Navico chart plotters including Simrad, Lowrance, and B&G units. It was developed and tested over many years and designed exclusively for smaller and shallow running flats and bay boats that draft 13.5″ or less at rest. It is not recommended for amateurs or novice shallow water boaters."

https://floridamarinetracks.com/

And here is a good example video on how to use the product and how it can give you some "local knowledge" in short order ;)

And having this chip, kind of reminds me of the Hyper Accurate Charts for Red Route One in the hit movie "Hunt for Red October" and if you are too young (or old) to remember such, maybe this will help :p

And hopefully soon, we can talk with them and their product more in depth here on the Site :)

And though a long video, covers in-depth all the features this chip for South Florida (they have another for North Florida) has. And if you have never been in The Keys, or SWFL and looking to visit or new to the area. Those Gin clear waters can leave you high and dry if you are not careful and not made that run on that tide level before :rolleyes:

Now that is a powerful navigation or fish finding tool if you have the Chartplotter unit that can run it? I advise you check with them 1st, with the make and model number that you have OR planning to buy just to make sure ;)

Tight Lines!
Dave

They now have the Southern Half Of Louisiana and you can find out more about that chart here:

And here is their homepage if you have not visited it in a while:

Best way next to local knowledge to NOT go bump and akin to Flying IFR on the water :cool:

Back