Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Time has come (at least for my eyes) to retire the our current vivosmart HR+ watches ;) for I can no longer see text or email messages on that small of a screen when not wearing cheaters :( and I don't think at this point, that my arm is going to get any longer LOL

And though it has served us both well (really come in handy with Road Bike cycling) the watch band clasp has been a royal pain (slides up) ever since we had to replace the original Garmin watchbands :rolleyes: I do though, like not having to wear a HR (Heart Rate) monitor around my chest ever since we started using these watches instead. Those HR monitors for your chest can become a pain when cycling in 90 degree heat :rolleyes:

So looking to find out if anyone has had any experience with the Vivoactive 3 product line as of yet ?

And we prefer to stay with the Garmin since we have Garmin computers for our Road Bikes, and these feed HR data to, and then up to Strava at the end of each ride for overall tracking.

As yes I have been slacking for way too long now... And time to get back on the Bike for as I say... "Much better to look funny when riding on two wheels, than pushing yourself around on 4!" :cool:

Thanks!
Dave

Push&Pull

Recognized Leader Triumph 210 / 215 Forum
Premium Member
City
Florida City
State
Florida
What works for me is the remote, sitting on the couch looking at the 60 inch screen on the TV. LOL..... If I wore a watch to remind me of exercise, I would just ignore it anyway.....More power to you...;)

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
I use to think the same way Brother... Then one day I woke up and could hardy move from all the back pain from exceeding the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) combined with setting at a desk way too long... :rolleyes: So having a reminder to "move" does help :)

And I stopped cycling for a while after Maria fell and was reminded again not long ago, with yet another round of pain shooting down my lower backside that took me to the floor, time to address it again... This so I don't wind up with 4 wheels under me all the time ;)

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
We each got one and it is so much easier for me to see (at least for now, trying to stretch my arms) than the last ones. Now I am left handed so I can be quite hard on any watch, so I highly recommend getting a screen protector for yours so you don't beat your nice touch screen to death.

This is the one I ordered and installed on ours and even had a little suction cup to help install it, which worked out great ;)

https://www.ebay.com/i/223091137460?chn=ps

Enjoy!

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Love my Garmin Watch and others who have them I recommended do also. Now here is the best option / upgrade for it and it was this (non OEM) watch band:

The Factory Watch Band actually made me break out since it does not breath well... It also (The Gamin Band) does not have the real time range of adjustment that this one above has.

I could not even type well with the factory watch band, but have no issues with this one at all since it is so much thinner and lighter. You can order one in pretty much the color of your choice on this Amazon link:

Enjoy!
Dave

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.