Gauge lenses

arsmetal

Registered Member
City
Merritt Island
I've had my Triumph for 1 1/2 years now. When I first got the boat the gauge lenses were clear, now there brownish and difficult to see thru and the stuff wont wipe clean with soap and water. Could it be inside the lenses. If anyone can help It would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

arsmetal,
When I had my 170CC I had a problem with the guages fogging up. I live in southeastern NC and we have a lot of humidity. The console was small and if I left the hatch open so air could circulate it would not fog up the guages. If you put a small fan inside your console for a couple of days with a hatch opn for air the guages should clear up. Then you can determine how bad they are. I'll bet if they are ruined you could probably get them replaced free,especially if they are Faria guages. Try drying them out first,then contact Faria for replacements if they are bad. You could get a console cover made which will allow you to leave a hatch open for circulation. Good luck.
John D.

My gauges get some condensation in them at times but they dry out and then I can see them ok. If I leave the center console open when stored it helps too.

Thank's cagrove, If I do end up having to replace them, what gauges would you recommend?

arsmetal,
look at the brand name on the front of your gauges. When I had a problem with one of mine, "Faria" made them.I contacted Faria on their website and they replaced mine free of charge. I received the new tach within a week of mailing mine back. Good luck.
John D.

Back