Great Hydrofoil / Stablizer from Bob's Machine!

Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
cropped-bobs-machine-logo-1.pngtracker.jpg

Used this one personally since 2002 and and it has several key advantages...
  1. Metal Construction (not plastic that can move when under pressure)
  2. Smaller footprint and not some B-52 sized wing, that can create both lift and a lot of drag at the same time like many designs could...
  3. Great for keeping low speed wonder while crawling up some no wake zone... It has extra small rudders incorporated that negated this condition on many hulls even on those with a Engine Flats Jack installed.
  4. Good price point / ROI since you can both launch the boat quicker, and keep her on plane at a lower speeds. Fuel savings alone, should offset the cost in short order.
Something you should keep near the very top of your upgrade list for sure ;)

https://bobsmachine.com/product-category/true-tracker-stabilizer-plates-2/

If you have one already, let us know "your" findings along with your setup up (Hull, Engine, etc.) on this same thread :cool:

FYI, and some may not know this since I was just looking for one to add to the F70 on our Skiff. They now come in some colors to help match the color of your lower unit ;)

I have one on my 2004 210CC with 140 Suzuki. I have a 4 blade Propulse prop with variable pitch. I did some minor polishing and filing on my BMS plate and then had it powder coated gloss black to match the engine. Love the improved performance. Quicker on plane, reduced wander at low speed, slightly slower speed while maintaining plane. Cannot get it to cavitate in tight turns. Both the BMS and Propulse are worth every penny.

Got the new one installed on the new Skiff today, and like the color matched one that I ordered for Yamaha. Makes it look almost factory installed :cool:

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Couple of tips that the install instructions do not tell you, that will make it even easier to put on...

1. Take the prop off, much more clearance to use the drill that way.
2. Have a couple of small c clamps handy (they do tell you that) but make sure you put something in the jaws of them so you do not mar up any of the paint either on the new plate or your lower unit.
3. You will need a pretty short Philips screwdriver to reach the screws when you go to tight it down.
4. A extra set of hands when you go to mount it will come in handy. I was fine holding it on place and even running in the screws, but when I went to go and put in the flat and lock washers, I did not have enough hands ;)

Looking forward to running her after I get all the recent updates finished and seeing how much better she carves up the creeks and not slide as much!

Hope this helps?
Dave

Back