Greetings from Canada from new 150CC owner

Canuk

Registered Member
City
Mississauga
There are currently no dealers in Canada, but while searching the internet for a new boat I came across TRIUMPH. From what I read, I was hooked. As a result, I purchased my new 150CC over the phone, and drove to Albany, NY to pick it up. Within 2 weeks, two more of my friends also purchased a TRIUMPH from across the border! We now have 2 x 150CC and 1 x 170CC on our lake (Gloucester Pool, north of Toronto, Canada).

I have completely documented
icon1.gif
the import and registration process, and have attached it to this post.

One dissappointing part of my purchase process was discovered once I put the boat into the water ... the live well pump was cracked and leaking into the boat! I don't know how the factory can let this kind of thing happen:mad:. So, I had to haul the boat out, and have TRIUMPH send me a new pump. Removing the old pump was a major pain in the butt! Also, the replacement pump had a male thread, and so did the through-hull fitting! After driving 1.5 hours to a plumbing store, I finally returned with a coupling and was able to get the new pump installed.

We are thrilled :D with our new purchase, which joins our 22 foot Four Winns bow-rider.

I found a seat cover for captains bench on www.overtons.com for only $25. It fits well. Now I am looking for a console cover. If anyone knows where I can get a semi-custom console cover that accomodates both the console and the seat in front of the console on the 150CC, I would appreciate the advice.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Boat Import Process.doc
    158 KB · Views: 15
Welcome Canuk, and glad you found the web site.

Sorry for your pump problem's. Us humans that put them together and install them could do a better job, that is jut the way things are today. We purchased a new TV last year, it decided to head further south than we live. We even purchased an extended warranty (cost way to much for the TV). Today we were told the parts were on back order. Figure on end of November or later before it could be repaired.

Now talk about hot under the collar. A 73 inch TV that does not work for two months or more?

Thankfully, like you, I can fix most things on the boat, not counting the motor, and I can still go out if my GPSS and fishfinder decide not to work.

Again welcome. Please take a picture of your "fleet" of Triumphs and post it when you can.

Thank you for the warm welcome! Hopefully we can get our "fleet" together before the snow covers us all over, here in the great-white-north.

Canuk, Welcome aboard. I think those plastic hulls will cut through ice. Maybe you can go ice fishing all year!!!
John D

Welcome, its nice to see we are growing ever so vastly:)

Welcome aboard Canuk and thanks for sharing the import document. I am sending your post to Triumph to make them aware of your problem with the pump. i would be frustrated with that too!

Thank you, NCangler.

Both Bryant and Paul at Triumph have been very responsive.

Canuk

Canuk, I contacted the factory about the pump issue you mentioned and received this response:
Because of issues with these pumps we changed to a new style back in June. We have probably replaced a good many of them already but if the pump is cracked they certainly would know it by now. If they are in warranty or close to being in warranty we will replace them. It was the chemical interaction of the pump and the vinyl hose that caused the some of the pumps to fail, usually before the customer ever received it.
So if someone is having a problem with a pump they should contact their dealer or Triumph for assistance. I don't think this is a case of assembly line QC but rather of a product defect that did not show up until many boats were already shipped to dealers and sold. Triumph will take care of the problem though.

Back