Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
As some know, I installed springs on some of my hatches (Live-well, Trolling Mother Battery box) on the old 190 and you can see pictures of such in my photo gallery.

They worked great and come in very handy! What I do recommend, is to pay attention to the angle they are installed and maybe the size used. The one I had for the 190 Live-well was a tad too steep, and maybe too small in size since it took just the slightest bump for it to fold and fall... Picture this, your on a Flat and dropping in that one nice Trout for Dinner into the Jacuzzi as I called it... And you bump the spring with your arm, and the lid falls making this loud noise to scatter all the fish for 100 yards :oops:

So here is the source for those springs...

http://www.moonlitemarine.com/hatch holders.htm

I am sure West Marine has some of them at twice the cost though o_O

Some times, the simplest of things and upgrades, really do make for a much nicer and efficient experience on the water and I would have to rate this little upgrade, way up there for ROI :cool:

Hope this helps!

Dave

Thanks for the info on the spring kits. I'm going to order one. It may work out better for me? I can always install the extra one on a different compartment.
Ger

Back