HD Video on 195cc

rscott

Contributing Member
City
Mentor
I just bought a GoPro HD Hero Camera and thought I would post a video clip I took while returning from a short perch fishing trip. It was mounted to the Grab rail above the windshield and I was going about 35 MPH. This camera has amazing image stabilization. If you haven't heard of GoPro cameras they are completely waterproof HD, wide angle, 170 degree, cameras that take video and stills. They are being used by the Discovery channel for shows like Deadliest Catch. www.GoPro.com
Here is a link to my video. If the video doesn't play clearly click on the "HD" button in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Not sure why it's having a problem right now.

Nice video. The GoPro's are great cameras. I use the old wide style on my speargun for all my diving video's that you see on this site. They shoot very crisp video above water but due to the lens (170 degree) under water they are a little less crisp and you need to install the flat lens that some people have developed for them to improve the video. I would like to change over and get the new HD GoPro pretty soon!!!

Wish I would have known you were carrying these Randy, I would have got it from you.

Way Cool,
And I would see about putting a little foam (Radio Shack has it also) over the mic input (if possible, may need to glue it on) to help cut down on some of that wind noise ;)

Broken Link Removed

Randy can you suggest any reasonably priced editing software for use with the GoPro format?

I work on the Mac platform and own both Final Cut Pro X ($299) and Adobe Premiere Pro. I'm not sure what is available on the PC side.

Randy can you suggest any reasonably priced editing software for use with the GoPro format?

Back