Hello from new owner

Chris Scaife

Registered Member
Hello, i am happy to be a new member and new owner of a 2007 190 Bay. I fell in love with the boat when i saw it at a boat show 2 years ago and finally got it.

My ownership experience in the last month has not been very good, and one day i hope to actually ride in my boat, and not tow it. We put it in the water and it died 50 feet from the pier. The cause turned out to be a pin hole in the fuel line that we saw when we squeezed the ball. We fixed that quick, then headed back out. This time the boat died a few hundred yards out. I took the boat to the local Yamaha people, and they diagnosed a faulty anti-siphon valve in the fuel tank.

I live about 350 miles from the nearest Triumph dealer so i have to pay the bill myself and hope the selling dealer reimburses me at least partly.

So the bottom line for me is, i am looking forward to a full season here on Logan Martin Lake in Pell City Alabama, as soon as my boat works. I dont think there is anything more embarassing than inviting friends along on an inaugural boat trip to have the thing not work. It's kind of like buying a new car and the wheels fall off when you pull into your driveway, and the whole neighborhood is watching.

I am saddened by this lamentable start and hope its gets better.

chris

Sorry to hear about your rocky start Chris. When I bought my first boat 5 years ago with a Suzuki 140 on it, it stalled on our maiden voyage out. I raised the the motor out of the water to check the prop and it would not lower! :( We had to be towed in ($150) and at the dock the motor lowered pretty as you please. :p I learned quickly that it is all a part of boat ownership. I should have planned on a 'shake-down' period and had towing insurance in place. With my second boat I was prepared. Fortunately we've had no problems with it at all. I hope your next venture out is a pleasant one. The Yamaha's are generally very strong out of the gate and have a great warranty, so no matter what dealer you took it to I would think the warranty coverage would take care of you. Welcome aboard! :)

Back