Help! Looking for Insurance!

Mrs.Morris

Registered Member
good day!

I’m new here, i don't know which category i'm going to post. i'm shopping around for insurance and hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. somehow i was able to check http://www.insurancepaylite.com they have a couple of insurance company and I was quoted for some price. your suggestions will help me more to have an idea and choice to compare with...
thank you so much...

We have our insurance thru Wiseley Marine Insurance, 1-800-783-5085.

They have a number of companies they write for and their service has been good.

The company that underwrites our larger boat is Zurich Insurance. They added my Triumph 150CC right to my yacht policy (their name for it, not mine) as a tender to the larger boat at no additional cost. Their policies cover tenders 15 feet or less with a 50hp engine or less. The 150CC w/a 50hp Yamaha just fit the bill.
They are resonable, quick and have great customer service, should you need it. My broker is the Pier Group out of Trumbull, Connecticut, but there are a lot of other brokers that sell Zurich.

Mrs. Morris,
I don't know what size boat you have or where you live. Where you operate your boat may affect your insurance rate, also. Just for a reference point. I live in southeastern NC. I insure my boat with the same company that insures my home and autos. (I get a discount for insuring all with them). I have a 2004 170CC with 60hp 4 stroke and trailer.It's insured for $17,000 with a $500 dedutible and liability coverage. It cost me $90 per year with safe boating course or Captains license. I would call your agent first and see what he can do for you. Good Luck.
John D.

Back