Hour Meter question

SALTY

Participating Member
City
Berlin
i have a 17 ft skiff which i love
i am looking for the hour meter that would match the factory gauges that would fit in the
center hole in the gauge console i think its a 2" dia hole also suggestions on the proper way to install would help
can you help me ?
thanks
salty

I do not see that they have a stand alone gauge in that size so you many need to just upgrade the current Tach that has a hour meter built in like this...

http://faria-instruments.com/cgi-bin/site/site.cgi?manage=marine&style=Dress_White&id=TC9103

Or a larger combo of this type that gives you a lot more system info all in one.

http://faria-instruments.com/cgi-bin/site/site.cgi?manage=marine&style=Dress_White&id=GF5001

More can be found here ;)

Faria-Instruments

This link may help also

FMI-Standard Styles

hour meters are pretty standard instruments. You can get one through most marine suppliers. They come in white face or black to match your current guages.

Googled "marine gauges" .......found several.... here's one..... MARINE GAUGES & INSTRUMENTS Type in "hourmeter" in the search box, you'll get 14 choices. Maybe one will match your gauges:)

I use a little self powered one that mounts on the motor. It uses a wire that is wrapped around one spark plug wire. The meter only counts when there is a spark.

BarryB,

That sounds pretty neat. Who makes it, where did you get it?

This is the same as mine, except this one has a mount with a hole in it. I mounted mine with double stick tape to plastic cover on the motor.

I had one with the Yamaha name but it crapped out in a year. The battery is supposed to last 10 years.

HARDLINE PRODUCTS SR Gaugehour at West Marine

8838880.jpg

Salty,
My hourmeter crapped out also with only 57+ hours on it. I haven't replaced it yet, I had to get a double hernia repair and haven't used the skiff lately. I will wait until spring now to fix it. I agree with the other guys here that you can use any brand just be sure to get the matching color for the dial face. My gauge doesn't have any brand name on it, but the speed and tach are both Faria.

Here are a couple of photos of my hour meter. It is mounted on a plastic cover (covers the engine computer) with velcro. The wire is wrapped around the spark plug wire and fits into a slot on the back of the hour meter. It is an inductive pickup. The first hour meter (with the Yamaha name) lasted less than a year. :eek: The next one purchased from west marine is working fine. :)

P1010004.jpg P1010003.jpg

Back