Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Part of our revamp of this targeted section is to help share products and concepts to help "Us" the driving engine behind all of it perform! Let's face facts, if we do not feel well then the Skiff, Shotgun or Camera just sets at the house also :(

To this end Issac Moore from "Let's Heal Now" has been most gracious to help out in this team effort with us here on Performance Outdoors with some of the tips and concepts that he uses to already help others in need. Now if the name rings a bell, he is also the President of Dynovatech of which I have written up several reviews of their paint and hull protection products in the detailing section of the Site. Him and I over the years have become good friends and when I heard him discuss his other passion, it only made since to ask for his help (Goat Rope) for the relaunch of this Forum section with some real "Protein" (Educational Value) one which I feel is one of the Most Important here!

So here are a couple of links for Issac you should review when you get a moment.

Home Page:

Very Important so you get a better grasp much better than I can convey, his story in his "About Me" section here:

Issac and I are also working on some planned Podcast for posting to help cover some of the basics of his education and skills to help us all "feel better"... But this by no means will suffice as well as reaching out to him direct via a call or text at 330-333-0369

And let him know the guys from Performance Outdoors sent you if you do reach out to him!

Let's Heal Now

Recognized Leader / Wellness Practitioner
Premium Member
State
GA
Dave,
Thanks for the introduction and links! I will be updating my site over the next weeks so it may change a bit. I was told it's a little technical (big surprise!) I look forward to providing some practical things that folks can do to enhance their life and overall health as we move forward.
Blessings,
Isaac

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Most Welcome Brother!
A good topic one many of us battle with and loose on a daily basis is the "Battle of the Bulge" and some of us (guilty as charged) need a little Gen Patton running around inside and cranking up the metabolism!

So any tips on that subject Dave and I am sure others here would enjoy reading or hearing ;) especially as we age and that seems harder to combat with each passing year...

Thanks again,
Dave

Let's Heal Now

Premium Member
State
GA
So, the Battle of the Bulge. First of all having the background and training that I do in health, I believe that we have to consider the body as a whole or holistically. There are many factors which go into any issue that a person is having and it's fairly rare that it's "just one thing." I don't believe in an ideal diet or exercise program that will work for everyone universally. Each person is unique. With that being said there are many common things that seem to be good for most everyone in general. When a person first starts working with me we start with their diet and their personal care products. This can make a huge difference fast since any work we do together can be "wiped out" so to speak with a food that is toxic for them, so we eliminate those first. Below I'll post a few of my general recommendations to clients and see if we get any discussion going. I know some of this might sound elementary or you've heard it before but it bears repeating sometimes.
  • STOP drinking soft drinks, energy drinks and other sugary drinks! Drink mostly water, preferably filtered.
  • Cut as much sugar and processed carbs out of your diet as possible.
  • Don’t use artificial sweeteners or products that contain them. This includes Sucralose, Splenda, Equal, Saccharin, Sweet & Low, etc. Try Stevia or Monk Fruit instead.
  • Avoid canola oil and other processed vegetable oils. Use olive, coconut, and real butter (preferably grass fed) instead.
  • Some of the top food reactions I find are: Wheat, Corn, Soy, Dairy, and the Nightshade family of plants. If you eat a lot of wheat, you might consider dropping that from your diet for a while (at least 2 weeks) and see if things change. This topic is probably the subject of an entire post itself but the short of it is that many of the foods we have today are not the same as our grandparents ate and are more likely to be contaminated with things like roundup.
  • If you are using a commercial laundry detergent such as Tide, Gain, and others, you should consider switching to something like Arm & Hammer Free, or 7th generation, or OUR Detergent. Some of the chemicals and perfumes in these products like Tide are bad for us and it seems many react with low back pain. The same goes for dryer sheets, most are not good. Think about this also. You are, except when taking a shower, in contact with something washed in your laundry detergent 24/7, be it the clothes you wear daily or the sheets you sleep in.
I'll leave the list at that for now. We started talking about the bulge but making some of these changes can really effect you in some unexpected ways. Say you stop eating wheat and lose a few pounds but also notice when spring rolls around you don't sneeze near as much during pollen season. I've seen things like this happen with clients. Our bodies get so much junk and when our "toxin barrel" gets full, it can manifest in vastly different ways with different people. A common one is to gain weight, almost like the body is trying to dilute something, hmmmm. But other things like back pain, seasonal allergies, etc can often show up. Feel free to join the discussion!

Blessings and good health,
Isaac

k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
I can vouch for your list. At least in part. about 4 yrs ago I decided to change The way I eat to lose weight and try to drop body fat. The changes I made were the first four bullets on your list. I also increased my intake of vegetables particularly darker green leafy. I went from 245lbs to 182lbs. I felt great my bp dropped as did my cholesterol and resting pulse. I very much believe that refined sugar is the source of all evil, but very addictive. Since my retirement though with the stress of the build and move project and a wife that is of little help maintaining a proper diet I have managed to get some of my sugar habit back along with about 20lbs. She lives on sugar and processed food. Once things settle I plan on at least getting back off the sugar. I wish I could convince my wife to change her diet, but some things are inflexible.

Let's Heal Now

Premium Member
State
GA
I can vouch for your list. At least in part. about 4 yrs ago I decided to change The way I eat to lose weight and try to drop body fat. The changes I made were the first four bullets on your list. I also increased my intake of vegetables particularly darker green leafy. I went from 245lbs to 182lbs. I felt great my bp dropped as did my cholesterol and resting pulse. I very much believe that refined sugar is the source of all evil, but very addictive. Since my retirement though with the stress of the build and move project and a wife that is of little help maintaining a proper diet I have managed to get some of my sugar habit back along with about 20lbs. She lives on sugar and processed food. Once things settle I plan on at least getting back off the sugar. I wish I could convince my wife to change her diet, but some things are inflexible.
That is great k9reno! Yeah diet makes a huge difference. If we are healthy, we can tolerate some sugar and some "bad" foods but too much of those especially combined with lots of other factors just brings us down. Yeah it's tough when a loved one is in need of change but is resistant. Everyone has to go their own journey and sometimes the best thing to do is be an example. Hang in there!
Blessings,
Isaac

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Excellent Tips and a simply fantastic start for this new section!

Thanks Issac for taking point on this for us here, and we are in your debit :cool:

Let's Heal Now

Premium Member
State
GA
Excellent Tips and a simply fantastic start for this new section!

Thanks Issac for taking point on this for us here, and we are in your debit :cool:
You bet! There is a lot going on in the world and the better we feel and are able to live without disease the better off we are. I hope what we do here can help others with their health.
Blessings,
Isaac