I need some cushions BAY 190

rageous

Participating Member
Premium Member
State
CO
I am looking for a used set (or New) of the seat cushion and seat back cushion for over the bait well on my Bay 190,
I posted in the "wanted" also..
Thanks

If you have the old covers, those can be used as a pattern to make new ones at most Marine or Automotive Upholstery shops for usually, a lot less money... I also recommend you just have smooth covers made (see below and you made need to click on them and zoom in some) all the extra stitching in the factory ones, just pokes more holes in the vinyl to create issues and just makes it the weaker and break down faster ;)

003.JPG

006.JPG

Now if you want to really go fancy and give yourself some extra support (mostly for those who have back issues) you can install MitiGator foam and you can find out more about it on this link: https://www.ppi-fl.com/mitigator.htm

Hope this helps?
Dave

Dave
I do not have the old seat cushions, Merritt is a bit pricey, so I was hoping to score some used cushions.
Thanks

I bet they are, and more than likely one of the few places left in this Solar System, that would even have them :D

So the local shop does not have the old ones for a pattern, no biggie... So you have have to play a little more labor to have them made which I suspect is still less expensive... And plenty of pictures here on the site so they can see how both the factory and recovers were made as a quick guide ;) You will just have to take the boat to them so they can get a good measurement / fit for the one on front to the console.

The leaning post one (if you have such?) you can just unscrew and take it to them to get recovered. This is also a good time if you want to add some extra bling, is to add some different color panels to the covers and this video of what I suspect is one of the very last 215's ever made, has that (color panels and less stitching in main part of the seat) so you can get some ideas for yours...

Your chances of getting some used ones that are worth anything, I suspect about the same as hitting the Lottery :)

Most Welcome!
And if you want to upgrade to a leaning post, this is also a good time and you can find some aftermarket ones that would fit and already has a cushion like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Anodized-Aluminum-Leaning-Center-Console/dp/B013S88M3M

I would just look for one that has a backrest or the option for one, and you can find plenty of them on Google!

To me the best option and one of the smartest things I ever did for my old one... I had the factory leaning post cut down and put further back to fit "me" by a local mobile welder. Then I had a deck made / foot rest that I could also stand on while running when needed. Man was that great little system both for comfort and scouting water at the same time ;)

full

Back