In praise of the Magic eraser.

ejbpesca

Participating Member
City
Spanish Fort
In another post someone mentioned using the Mr. Clean magic eraser on ropelene. I tried it and the results were dramatic. My transom had become awfully stained by our infamous bay scum. I tried everything outside of hull cleaner which is a harsh chemical that will eat up a gel coat. I don't know what it does to ropelene. I had tried everything else..bleach, soap, and power washer but rubbing a Magic Eraser on it immediately a layer of scum and other stuff came loose..looks new now. I think, this white cleaning sponge may be some sort of micro abrasive material. After a rub down on the transom the finish is clean and beading water again like it was waxed.:D I will buy me a box of them.

I hear ya. I have (had) a 21 Trophy, more like a 23' that sits only a few slots down from my Logic 150. I gave it up because I most always go alone and this old back cannot handle bigger anymore. I'm lucky I found this lil 15'. It will give me just a few more years of being on the water due to its ease of use yet stability and deck space like a bigger boat. Just amazing. I could sell these things even though I am not a sales person.

Back