Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
I don't know, but I imagine it can hold quite a lot of water. And water in the inner hull can contribute to the problem. Has it always performed that way? Have you had it since new or did you buy it used?

It's probably a combination of engine height, prop and use or lack of use of trim tabs.

Sometimes it can be exhaustive texting back and forth to help resolve the problem. If you like, I'd be happy to talk over the phone about the things I did to make mine perform.

You can always look back at all of my posts and follow how I went from rather poor performance to pretty happy.

Stafford1969

Registered Member
State
florida
Thank you! I bought it used, back in 2013. Had the Logic 210 originally, and loved the boat. Performed like a dream. The 235 has been a nightmare since day one as it relates to listing back and forth. Took it out a few years ago full fuel, water, ice, 4 anglers and it would not plane. List left and right to the point its uncontrollable unless you back off the throttle. 2 people and 1/2 tank of fuel, along with playing the trim tabs like a pianio, keeps it level. I'm at a loss. Going to drill the inner hull holes and see what comes out. Running a stainless 3 blade 15.25 19 prop. How do I reach you to discuss? Really appreciate your time. Thanks again.

Offshoreman

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
707-497-8491

Offshoreman

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Thanks for the reminder Stormi. So, Stafford1969, how did it go?

Stormi

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Diego
I just went ahead and drilled a hole as described. I had no water coming out of the inner hole. Tilted the trailer up all the way and no water coming out. The boat is stored under cover, perhaps that makes a difference.
i am even debating to install the drain but insert a screw to close the hole.
i guess it is good news that the hull is dry.

Offshoreman

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
That's very good news. But I would recommend installing a drain. In the event your boat sits outside, you do wash downs, etc, you would want the ability to evacuated any water.

Also, great news that your hull is sound and no water is coming in from below.

Stormi

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Diego
Thanks, I was surprised not to get any water. I will go ahead and install the drain. I got al the parts and tools ready to go.

Offshoreman

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Very good. Post a photo when you're done. We would like to see your handiwork.

Stormi

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
San Diego
Only going to do the one side. i had a few drips of water when I drilled the screw holes but otherwise totally dry

Offshoreman

Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
That looks great! A lot cleaner than mine. Just remember to plug that thing up when you go fishing, and pull it out when you get home.

Bow up helps make sure any water in the hull comes out.