Inner hull water?

A

Aqualab

I am changing out the speedometer gauge with a tach gauge on my Logic 17', would rather have RPM info than the inaccurate speed. So I removed the pitot off the stern's hull and the piece of tubing (full of water) that was threaded through the bilge from the gauge to the pitot. When I removed the screws that held the pitot on, a gallon or so of water came dripping out of the lower screw hole. My boat has been garaged for a week with the bilge drains opened - no water coming out of them. I have the front of the boat lifted as high as the trailer's tongue jack will permit to assist in draining the bilge. I didn't see any residual water in the transom/stern area below/behind the fuel tank. From what I can tell the screw hole is located below the bilge. Is this possibly inner hull water that I read about on here? Debating whether to use Rule to seal the screw holes or weld them closed using a stick of Roplene and the welder. Obviously need to wait until it has fully drained and dried. I don't think it is enough water to be a concern or cause for installing an inner hull drain? Went out to check this morning and there is a small puddle again from additional draining last night.

fridaysoff

Contributing Member
City
Leland
You are probably right about it not being enough water to worry about. The 170 model has never been known to have a water problem,at least not enough to cause a lot of extra weight in the hull. I would seal it with Roplene and be done with it.

BarryB

Contributing Member
City
Pembroke Pines
I agree with Friday. Let it drain a few days, then reweld.