Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Keelguard now installed for those times I may go bump while scouting out new waters that have Oyster Beds that I did not, or could not see ;) The water is pretty grungy around here right now, and looks more like chocolate milk than water :confused:

Now this was the 6 foot version (as recommend by Megaware for this size of hull) and started it right below the bow eye cut out for the hull, and it stopped right were the hull flattens out and fits just perfect! Highly recommend that you start your install this high also, so to help prevent water from getting under the front of the guard and it getting loose from the hull over time. Very tight seal with the hull though, so I doubt that will ever become much of an issue :D

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Now the Skiff already had a lot of black powder coating on various items like the Polling / Casting Platforms, Power Pole, Steering Wheel and other handles. So this also added some Pop to the appearance of the hull bottom at the same time :)

IMG_0458.jpg

Got really spoiled by having the Triumph 190 over the years, and not having to worry much about thumping things while running the Trolling Motor... Now I can exhale some with the new Skiff knowing I might bump the bottom, or can now beach it for lunch or a quick swim, and not be as worried as before :cool:

More information for a Keelguard for your glass hull Skiff or Boat, can be found on them here: https://keelguard.com/megaware-keelguard/

Or on this video:

Tight Lines!
Dave

NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
That is a sweet looking flats machine Dave! Wow! :cool: The keel guard looks great on it!

Megaware KeelGuard

Recognized Leader Watercraft Protection
State
Utah
Will this KeelGuard stick to Ropealene?
We would not recommend installing a KeelGuard on a Roplene hull due to the use of Polyethylene in the manufacturing process. Polyethylene is a very difficult material to bond to and you would be unable to achieve the same kind of bond that you would get on a fiberglass or aluminum hull. Roplene is a very tough material and typically would not need the added protection of a keelguard as much as a fiberglass hull would.

rageous

Participating Member
State
CO
We would not recommend installing a KeelGuard on a Roplene hull due to the use of Polyethylene in the manufacturing process. Polyethylene is a very difficult material to bond to and you would be unable to achieve the same kind of bond that you would get on a fiberglass or aluminum hull. Roplene is a very tough material and typically would not need the added protection of a keelguard as much as a fiberglass hull would.

That's what I was thinking, Thanks for the reply :)

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Quick update and it is holding on very well! I also hit it with several coats of BTS, and that did a good job of adding even more color depth to the Keelguard and the water appears to run of it of even quicker since those coats were applied :)

Now, if you would like to order one for your Fiberglass or Aluminum hull boat you can from this link here: KeelGuard by Megaware

Also, Tori from Megaware and I, have been exchanging some ideas on some newer "related" type of products (can' go into great detail just yet) that I am really looking forward to seeing when they are finally finished with near production samples :D More on that as I hear back from her or she posts more information / photos about them here on the Site in the future :cool:

Enjoy!
Dave

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Another BT Skiff example (the much larger Lighting / 20 footer) with a Keelguard in place. This one is a white guard against a light blue hull, which is just a great contrast and good / close color match with it's white deck :)

39751139_2048621015156216_5970189495616667648_o.jpg

39807937_2048620828489568_739652789243740160_o.jpg

Simply Sweet and fast with it's "Step In" hull design on this Big Water Skiff! Though I do not know how long I would want to push poll that Battle Wagon around and that trolling motor, will come in very handy for them :cool:

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Now that the new lift is now fully built and dialed in (more in that project later) and she is now on it (yea) and in the shade while on the lift now...

You can really see how the Keelguard fits on this hull, and how much protection it provides as it goes back towards the Stern now ;)

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

I can also get the Skiff way up there and really rinse off all the salt and crappy brown water we have around here :confused:

Now I just need to figure out how to apply some BTS on the bottom with a duster on a long handle or something, now that I can really get at most of the bottom since one can only reach so much of it while it is setting on the trailer ;)

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Another example I found on a Beavertail Vengeance, and I think more and more of the guys and gals in the Skiff crowd are starting to use them. Only takes one (oh man that did not sound good...) after hitting a Oyster Bed to really see the value in one ;)

32876549_1909958135689172_511410182660554752_n.jpg

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Our Friends over at Megaware KeelGuard have now extend to our Premium Members only, a special saving discount code just in time for Christmas!

So if you are a Premium Member please jump over to the Premium Member Discount section to see not only the great discount from Megaware for their entire product line. But from all our great Site Partners located here: https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/premium-member-discounts.160/

Now If you are not a Premium Member the subscription is only $12/year. If interested, just click on the "Go Premium" button in the upper right of the screen to learn more :cool:

Tight Lines!
Dave

Megaware KeelGuard

Recognized Leader Watercraft Protection
State
Utah
Thanks for the shout out Dave! We have lots of great products available for your Christmas gift giving! Or maybe put something on your Christmas list for Santa :)
If anyone has questions regarding a particular KeelGuard installation, please feel free to reach out to me or Dave.