Lenco trim tab fault

Ray Leifels

Registered Member
City
Hydeaway Bay
Not sure if anyone has had a problem with their trim tabs but with mine when I turn the key on some of the lights light up on 1 side and when I turn off the key only the side with the least lights on motor for tabs pulls the tab back in. It may take 3 or 4 turns of the key to get both tabs ready to work.I contacted lenco and they sent me a flow chart. I haveant really had a good look just thought someone may have had a similar problem.I am also looking at the auto glide system,does anybody have these on their boat yet?

Not sure but don't buy a replacement LED switch as the Autoglide comes with a switch/unit that replaces the LED switch.

Yes! Been battling the same problem. Mine has gotten progressively worse - for a while I found that jiggling the cable inside the console fixed it - seems like a connection problem. After a while, I can barely get them to light up at all. The tabs themselves still operate. Last weekend I replaced the switch - it helped a little, but not the full solution. Going to try really cleaning out the connectors tonight.

I'm worried that connection may be bad inside the control unit - not sure I can tackle that one myself if it means rewiring, and since I keep my boat in the water, i don't want to go through the hassle of taking it in. Would be interested to see what Lenco shared with you...and if you get the autoglide - REALLY want to hear how that works...definitely a fussy boat when it comes to trim.

Good luck - will let you know if I have any success.

I did 2 things ,I purchased an out of box control unit (switches with the LEDs and the main control unit fitted inside the latch to the left when it is opened) this fixed the problem completely.While checking ot the old pieces I found the control box has corrosion in it and the switch assy was cracked where you put the cable on ( probably from me wriggling the wires around) give Great Lakes Skipper a call as the May be able to supply the same. For me 6 days from USA to home brilliant service.Secondly I did purchase the auto glide system and I am fitting it now(quite easy to install) The only difference in price from you guys is we pay a gst import fee on top so hope this was a wise choose.I will post when I have fitted and tested unit.

For me, it was a little easier - hopefully it lasts. I replaced just the switch, and then cleaned the connector from the control box with Hosa Cable D5S6 Deoxit Contact Cleaner Spray and some tiny brushes. Knock on wood - it's been a solid connection since I did that - all the lights and tabs operate.

Back