Lenco Trim Tab Troubleshooting

BeeReel

Contributing Member
City
Brockton
I just noticed one of the trim tabs is not extending. I hear the actuator activate when I press the switch both for up and down. This would indicate to me that it is not an electrical problem. Any suggestions? I talk with Lenco on the weekdays since this is posted on a Sunday. I'd hate to lose time on the water now that fishing season is just starting in earnest swapping actuators with the factory via mail.

I had a problem with mine this spring it would not extend . I tapped it with a little hammer and it started working. There was a tiny bit of rust that wasnt letting it extend. it was my port one under swim platform. Now it works perfect just hadda it purswade it a lil :D

I was unable to persuade the shaft to move so called Lenco today. They are sending out a replacement no questions asked since 3 yr warranty (with luck the right model) and I'll get to install. Another new do-it-yourself experience, anyone have any cautions or hints?

BeeReel,
I installed my Lenco trim tabs on my 195CC. It should be easy to replace the cylinder. You will probably have to run the electrical wire through the transom.Do not connect the end to the wire until you run it through the transom.Then put the end on it and plug and play as they say.Nothing to it.Lenco has great installation instructions on their web site. Read that first.You will not have any problems. Good luck.
John D.

Replacement (under warranty) actuator arrived Friday and installed today. On a handyman's scale of 1-10 (10 equals take to the shop and pay the $$$) this rates about a 2 or 3.

In case anyone else needs to contact Lenco:

Christain Schirmer
Customer Service Representative
Technical Support / Warranty

Lenco Marine, Inc.
4700 SE Municipal Ct
Stuart, FL 34997
772.288.2662 phone ext. 110
772.288-2566 fax
www.lencomarine.com

Thanks Beereel.

I just noticed my Starboard TT crapped out on my 07' 215. I hear the actuator when I draw up the TT but I dont hear/see anything when I try to extend the TT down.

Looks like a phone call is in order.

Thanks.

nocturn,

Have your hull ID ready when you call that is about the only information Lenco requires.

What is it about the starboard side as that is the same side I lost?

Back