Live well standpipe boot

Richard63

Registered Member
Premium Member
City
Jacksonville
State
Fl
The boot for my livewell standpipe has shrunk to the point it is unusable. Anyone know of a source for a replacement? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• C60EE261-7894-43DB-8BDB-97BAC378527B.jpeg
    C60EE261-7894-43DB-8BDB-97BAC378527B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • 9D54E582-20B8-4EEE-8AB6-1051D11B0F52.jpeg
    9D54E582-20B8-4EEE-8AB6-1051D11B0F52.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida

Germik

Registered Member
Premium Member
The overflow/drain stand pipe for my live well is also giving me problems. My concern is that a large fish can knock the pipe out, draining the tank. Has anyone replaced the bottom fitting with a fitting with something more secure, and or with threaded socket for a stand pipe? Can the rubber female socket be replaced from the inside of the tank? If not, how do can I access this fitting? I have a 2014 170 Sportsman, and the livewell drain is at the bottom of the tank. Any recommendations?

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Mine was always secure and at times not easy to fully seat, so I never had an issue... I guess one could cut out the present base and install a new one. but finding one might be a tall order.

As such, I would just add a few o-rings to the present one, and see if that takes up the slack?

Germik

Registered Member
Premium Member
I'll try and figure something out. This last weekend fishing, I had a 5 1/2 # large mouth bass in the live well, and before I got to shore to get some pictures of the fish, it had knocked the tube out, draining the live well. Fortunately we caught it in time, and got the fish to live and swim away. So, next time, I'll replace the drain tube with a drain plug, and keep my recirculating pump running. I'm still learning something new, even at 73 yrs old.

Dave_L1

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Took me a while to come up with the best "keyword search" for this need... So try this link below and see if you can visually pick off what might work or can be upgraded for your needs?

https://www.google.com/search?q=livewell+drain+fitting&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiR6ca0lrbzAhUERDABHZ7bDoMQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1860&bih=859&dpr=1

And I still think that a few large O-Rings placed over and rolled up the base of the standpipe, will be your most cost effective way to address the issue. Just take the standpipe to a NAPA store and see what fits the best to take up the slack?

Germik

Registered Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all the info. I now have more than one option and I'll go back to my boat and figure out what will work best for me.