logic 190cool bay, logic 210cc, (230cc????)

ILLOGICAL GGC

Contributing Member
City
Washington PARK
State
NC
hello all,
A green grass clogger is not someone that can't stay in the channel and clogs his engine with weeds, but rather a member of a traditional mountain dance group popular in the 70's. i was a founding member of that group and will probably be my only claim to fame!!!!! no more weed jokes steve z!!!!!!
i bought my first logic in '01 after looking 3 years at everything out there in my price range. the 190 was an excellant choice for river and inland waters. however , on the coast of n.c. we have bodies of water 30 miles wide and no more than 20 feet deep where the tarpon and bull red drum roam. i soon learned after a couple of trips of taking every 4th wave over the bow at anchor from waves generated 20 miles away that it would not do.
found a family in fla. that wanted a deal on a 190 and let her go.
paid a visit to merritt marine and they had an 01 logic 210cc demo that had my name on it and the rest is history. put a 140 johnson 4 banger on it ,had a local fab shop build me a t-top with lookout to sight cast for cobia
and it already had most of the group mods. done to it. and i'm a happy camper for now.
we fish for ocean stripers that get tired of the new england guys and move down south for the winter from nov. thru march. get all the honey dos done by may and go after cobia till july. tarpon and bull reds show up from july to sept. then get the fall honey dos done by nov.!!!!!
hope to break this vicious cycle this year by going offshore now that i got a boat i feel comfortable that far out in (hint hint ncangular ,sarge in jax, johnm and the rest of you blue water junkies)
married 25 yrs 2 daughters 18 and 20 all three can out fish me ,so they dont go so much now to help me build my ego back up
love the boats!!!!!! ease of upkeep, repair, modify. and most important for an old clogger, a boat that don't hurt knees already worn out from late night dancing around the campsite with a bottle in my hand!!!!
and last but not least-- santa i'm being extra good now , so please bring me a 3 year old depreciated 230 cc in '09!!!
tight lines and digital cameras do lie
il-LOGIC-al

Hi Clogger! Great post. I have two nieces that clogged for years, performing every year at the State Fair. And I am going through a bluegrass craze again too. :> I'd love to hook up with you some time in tracking those Cobia. I've never been Cobia fishing and am really anxious to go. I'm hoping to hook my first Tarpon this summer too. If I can coordinate time off when there is good weather in July, maybe it will happen. The guys in Oriental have hooked a lot of them over the years. Maybe we could get a couple of Triumph boats in the Oriental Tarpon Tournament!

I'm still getting used to that trek offshore myself, but when I get more confident with it I'll give you notice. I've got all the gear to do some King Mac fishing. There just never seems to be enough time to do all the fishing I want to do.

Back