logic 210 think 2001 slow draining from large foredeck compartment

matthew kinzelman

Registered Member
State
FL
hi, I am new to logic boats and just purchased one used, the huge foredeck compartment after a lot of rain had a foot of water sitting in it and it took 24 hours to drain out after I puled the round plastic drain plug. I tried an electrical snake to see if I could dislodge a clog but was afraid to send too far back and get stuck. How does one open up these drains if clogged with debris?

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
Welcome Aboard!
Which model do you have, and I would recommend also looking in that same model section for Triumph since they are very close in design.

Best,
Dave

Harper

Recognized Leader Triumph 191/195 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Republic of Texas
Welcome, Matthew.

Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
I have the 2002 model the drain for the huge forward compartment, the drain goes all the way to the bilge and should be made of stainless steel. You should have no problem running your snake. Mind you these older boats had a warping issue during the cooling down process, your drain just might be out of level. I normally have standing water, two reason, #1 I have a bulge in the center due to the warping issues keeps water in all 4 corners, and # 2 the fact that the drain is not at floor level. So , I always end up using portable manual hand drain pump to suck standing water out of all my compartments.

matthew kinzelman

Registered Member
State
FL
thanks for reply. my bilge drain and pump don't work properly. I pushed wire into bilge drain but only article with water sitting at top of inoperative bilge pump.. any ideas. also do you knoe how to remove the bilge pump, rule 1100 gal , the baitwell pump is almost on top of it. mk

Push&Pull

Recognized Leader Triumph 210 / 215 Forum
City
Florida City
State
Florida
If you're talking about the Mega hatch comp. the drain runs along a channel molded into the inner hull and runs through the fuel tank compartment on it's way to the stern. There is a stainless steel tube crossmember in the fuel compartment that is right in the path of the forward compartment drain channel. It is the dumbest placement. It completely blocks the drain. Not much you can do. I put a seperate bilge pump in the mega compartment to drain it. If you look at my pics you can see what I'm referring to.

ESorel7370

Registered Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
If you're talking about the Mega hatch comp. the drain runs along a channel molded into the inner hull and runs through the fuel tank compartment on it's way to the stern. There is a stainless steel tube crossmember in the fuel compartment that is right in the path of the forward compartment drain channel. It is the dumbest placement. It completely blocks the drain. Not much you can do. I put a seperate bilge pump in the mega compartment to drain it. If you look at my pics you can see what I'm referring to.
I can't see any pictures

Putershark

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Pine Island
State
Florida
You can find them here:

1st thread, very 1st link ;)

ILLOGICAL GGC

Contributing Member
City
Washington PARK
State
NC
I made a post about there not being a complete drain at that large opening due to the plastic not forming a complete circle we had to put a piece of plastic in to create the drain channel for it if you look down at some of the earlier 210 logic post you’ll see that I Made one about that large drain

ILLOGICAL GGC

Contributing Member
City
Washington PARK
State
NC
Sept 27 Page 4 Who is the MOD I did to fix that drain

DJTrademark

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
New York
I have the 2002 model the drain for the huge forward compartment, the drain goes all the way to the bilge and should be made of stainless steel. You should have no problem running your snake. Mind you these older boats had a warping issue during the cooling down process, your drain just might be out of level. I normally have standing water, two reason, #1 I have a bulge in the center due to the warping issues keeps water in all 4 corners, and # 2 the fact that the drain is not at floor level. So , I always end up using portable manual hand drain pump to suck standing water out of all my compartments.
I have a bulge pump that hooks up the the cigarette lighter. Its a must with the triumph